Black Ops Sucked?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Did black Ops meet your expectations?

• Yes

Votes: 19 35.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Kinda - Was fun, but nothing new here.

Votes: 17 31.5%

• Total voters

Bladespirits

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2010
I'd recommend starting as medic. You get alot of points reviving your team and can just sort of sit behind and wait for people to die then run out and revive em and head for cover again and try and keep a medkit out around you always for even more points. Once you get use to using cover you can pop out now and then and lay down some fire. The machine guns have always been pretty strong against infantry because of its uselessness against vehicles or people behind cover ust be sure to fire in burst which really goes for any weapon in BC2 or the accuracy will go to crap (besides the engineers SMGs which have next to no recoil). And with all those points you'll unlock alot of general weapons which recently got beefed up and can now put scopes on em so they're actual viable weapons to use till you unlock some of the higher weapons in the other classes.

Martin 71

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010

very good... I did that... whatever you do, don't start with a assault class... it'll take FOREVER!!!

tortilla

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2010
How is it poorly optimized? If your meaning fps it's fine for me, never drops below 50 and Im still on a 9800gt :p. But probably you run a higher resolution. Killing floor rocks at lan parties and it suits many playing styles. Highly recommended.

Martin 71

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
I shouldn't have said optimized. It's a bit buggy... like when you're running multiple monitors, you need to unplug the others otherwise it bugs out and crashes. or sometimes I get some serious lag. But that's just on the server end I think

basti511

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2010
where do you download the patch? will it improve multiplayer, cause my ping in multiplayer is over 900 it's just rediculous. and i'm in south africa so internet sucks here. and every 50 seconds literally it says CONNECTION INTERRUPTED and then when i'm connected again some one killed me cause i stood still when i had no connection. will the patch fix these problems??

excelerater

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2010
COD2 is still the best of the series -
Soon as they went ModenWarfare it went to the crapper with Ops not much different than MW2
Now its just a shootem up game with slick graphics AND Ops runs like a turd
on most PCs,including my own..........
I really liked the WW2 Saving Private Ryan feel it used to have

omgitswes

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2010
I play it on the 360 and I must say I really like it.
Within the first month I had MW2 I traded it back in, but I've put a few hours into Black Ops and it's up there with COD4. Although COD4 is the best FPS of this gen.

Could be completely different on PC though

waspzz

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
Modern Warfare 2 is better than Black Ops IMO as far as single player experience is concerned. It has the right balance of action, drama and gimmick unlike Black Ops, there are too much drama and gimmick that hinders the action. And MW2s protagonist is better. I mean how cool is soldier with the nickname of "Soap" plus the mohawk. :sol:
And also the supporting characters like Capt Price with the moustasche and Ghost with his skull mask destroys Woods in his sweaty half naked get-up. :pt1cable:

kkwik28

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
Never played COD until MW2 on X-Box, was very fun and easy, could play for hours. Got it for PC about 4 months after release, and it was aweful. Almost every lobby was laggy, and at night would play on foreign connections, which was a joke. Then had to deal with all the hacked lobbies and hackers, which was just aweful. I also still play COD4 on PC, which is also fun still.

nfuzer

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
This poll is completely bias. Im sorry but if you are going to make a poll you need to have a wide array of options besides (YES, NO, and YES)

randomhero1090

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2007
New patch came out yesterday. Combine that with my new build, and the game ran as it should. Smooth as silk. My setup....

Game: 1280x1040, 8X AA, 8X AF, High graphics, Shadows on, impact on.
System: 955 BE OC'd 3.5ghz, 4gb DDR3 1333, GTX 460 1GB OC edition

My system is solid, but its nothing "special." The game settings might not be the highest level, but it ran at 65-100 fps (kept it capped at 100) without any issue. No massive FPS losses, no shuttering. The killcams were finally running properly, without all that shuttering. The smoke, explosions.... all looked 1000x better.

I'm really happy. Gamed for about 3 hours last night. Lots of fun.

randomhero1090

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2007
And looking at your setup Martin, I bet you were getting pretty stellar performance....

Hopefully its not TOO late for COD:BO. I know it drove a lot of people away from the game.

Martin 71

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
Yea it played well, about 120+ at max settings. But it would occasionally drop down to 30 fps because of the poor optimization... it's great now though :)