[SOLVED] Black screen after adding more RAM

thebigmenno

Commendable
Dec 8, 2017
I just add 2x 8GB off the same ram to my computer, the computer starts, everything goes on but I still have a black screen. Anyone that can help me out ? Thank you (side note cant get into the bios

Also yes im 100% sure i added the exact same ram
And my GPU motherbowrd and CPU still turn on

motherboard:
PRIME B350-PLUS

ram:
Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3000 C15 - [CMK16GX4M2B3000C15]
(so i have 4x 8gb now)

Last edited:
Solution
Corsair does not guarantee that kind of combination to be compatible together. Your results are typical of using multiple kits of memory.

Since you can make any combination you want, you can do your own compatibility testing with no guarantees. Do it yourself compatibility testing can be expensive when the combinations you make don't work together.
Corsair does not guarantee that kind of combination to be compatible together. Your results are typical of using multiple kits of memory.

Since you can make any combination you want, you can do your own compatibility testing with no guarantees. Do it yourself compatibility testing can be expensive when the combinations you make don't work together.

Solution

thebigmenno

Commendable
Dec 8, 2017

Hi I updated my bios drivers now its booting up w(with all the 4 ram sticks in it) but the 2 new one are not showing up on windows or CPU-Z. maybe you have any idea?