Question Black screen after booting up

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Apr 12, 2019
Hello,

When I boot up my pc with windows 10, i get a black screen. I can access my bios and all that (so my display works), but as soon as I enter windows I get a black screen. I don't have a cursor either. My display displays a black screen, the display isn't shut down or something. Is there some way I can boot it up in a different way? I really need my pc so all help would be appreciated asap! Thanks

Sincerely

OF_freeCn

Commendable
Apr 12, 2019
Completely forgot to mention there is one last thing you can do before buying another drive:
type into command prompt Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
(Do this in the same row) This detects any corrupt files online.
The next one repairs them:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
If these don't work then you need to get a new drive.

Apr 12, 2019
Hi, eventually I went to a pc store and yes, it wasn't our fault. My SSD died and I got a new one. Reparation + new drive and installation was €90, could be worse. Still, thanks for the help (again). i exactly knew what to say in the store, and your tips could've been a sollution. So yea, thanks again

greetings

I know this is a little late, but Windows 10 can not do a reset "keeping your old files", from a rescue disk or USB/DVD installation, it can can only do a reset from inside windows. However, if one does a new installation, Windows will create a c:\Windows.old file that will contain all the personal files from the previous install.