[SOLVED] Black screen after changing motherboard and CPU

Oct 30, 2021
Hi everyone,

I'm really in need of your help.

I have just changed my mobo and CPU today. They are Gigabyte H510M S2H and Intel core i3-10105f. I know the cpu doesnt have integrated graphics so I have a GTX 1050ti.

After putting everything together, I plugged in the power and press on, the CPU runs just fine but my screen is all black, I cant even go into bios.

I wonder if the CPU and mobo are incompatible or is it because i was booting from a hard drive that already has a window copy on it (i didnt wipe the drive before installing it to the new set up)

Please help, many thanks and best regards,

Solution
Hi everyone,

After a lot of confusion, I have had my answer. Apparently the mobo (Gigabyte H510M S2H) is not compatible with my Colorful GTX 1050ti. The computer store that sold me the mobo said that as they tried other GPU on the mobo and it works. I eventually ended up returning the mobo and purchased another one that is compatible to my GPU

larkspur

Distinguished
The mobo and CPU are perfectly compatible. Make sure your monitor is connected to the graphics card itself - not the motherboard monitor connector. Make sure your CPU heatsink is installed properly. Make sure the GPU is fully seated in the slot. If your 1050ti has a separate power connector (PCIe power either 6-pin or 8-pin) make sure it is plugged in directly from your power supply. I'm pretty sure most 1050 ti cards do not require a separate power cable but just make sure. Post your full system specs (CPU, MOBO, GPU, RAM, Storage devices, PSU - be as specific as possible with model numbers).

If you can't get into the BIOS or see anything on the screen it has nothing to do with your HDD or SSD.

Oct 30, 2021
Hi everyone,

After a lot of confusion, I have had my answer. Apparently the mobo (Gigabyte H510M S2H) is not compatible with my Colorful GTX 1050ti. The computer store that sold me the mobo said that as they tried other GPU on the mobo and it works. I eventually ended up returning the mobo and purchased another one that is compatible to my GPU

Solution