Black screen after installing GTX 690 graphics card

Kryalis

Commendable
Feb 17, 2016
Hi, just recently I bought a used GTX 690 graphics card from eBay, I installed it into my PC and after doing so, the PC just comes up with a black screen. Before suggesting that the graphics card could be DOA, I doubt that considering the lights on it were brightened up and the fan was running (which I assume would mean the GPU isn't broken, correct me if I am wrong). After looking up some tutorials, none of them helped me with my issue, so I've had to remove the GTX 690 graphics card from my PC and use my current GTX 1050 until I can find a solution to my problem.

Does anyone know what the problem to this could be as well as a fix to the solution? If you know anything at all that is relevant to my problem then please let me know and I will highly appreciate it. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Anoraki

Commendable
Apr 4, 2017
1. Try plugging the display cable of your choice into your GPU directly, if this is what you do normally then plug it directly into the motherboard. Sounds simple but this has worked for me in some cases.

2. Try a different monitor if you have one. I doubt this will do anything but you might as well try it.

3. What's your OS and monitor?

~Anoraki

Kryalis

Commendable
Feb 17, 2016

1. I already tried that, I also already plugged my monitor into my motherboard but even that didn't do anything.

2. Unfortunately this is the only monitor I have.

3. I am running on Windows 8.1 and I use a AOC e2343F 23inch 1920x1080 monitor.