[SOLVED] Black screen after installing new HDD

Dec 16, 2021
I know this might be a common and maybe even obvious question but I tried finding answers online and couldn't find something that fit specifically my situation. I was given an old computer 2007-2008 with windows XP. ... I know right? Bringing back childhood memories but sadly unusable for me.
Well, I wanted to take out the old hard drive and put a new one in with windows 10 but all I get is a black screen. No logo just black but it's on and when I try to get into the boot system a text appears super fast and then same thing black screen. I can't for the live of me read what appears within that mili second.

I am obviously doing something wrong but I am not sure what. I would appreciate any help.

Solution
I know this might be a common and maybe even obvious question but I tried finding answers online and couldn't find something that fit specifically my situation. I was given an old computer 2007-2008 with windows XP. ... I know right? Bringing back childhood memories but sadly unusable for me.
Well, I wanted to take out the old hard drive and put a new one in with windows 10 but all I get is a black screen. No logo just black but it's on and when I try to get into the boot system a text appears super fast and then same thing black screen. I can't for the live of me read what appears within that mili second.

I am obviously doing something wrong but I am not sure what. I would appreciate any help.
You removed the XP disk and...

You removed the XP disk and installed a new disk with w10 pre-loaded on the disk?
I don't think that will work well.
Unplug the new disk can you now get to the bios?

Solution