Black screen after login on windows 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

arshadmakda

Honorable
May 9, 2013
After I login on Windows 8, my laptop goes to desktop and then shows a black screen with a moveable cursor.

I have a Dell Inspiron 15R SE with Radeon HD 7730 graphics card and an i5 processor. Everything was working fine until about two or three days ago when I received another error regarding my graphics card not working properly. I managed to fix that problem. When I tried turning on the laptop this morning, I got this problem. The laptop's performance DRASTICALLY decreased, slowing down by a lot, and then the screen just goes to a black screen and not the windows 8 metro UI. I was wondering how to fix it, if anyone has a clue, I would really appreciate it.

Solution
THERE ARE MULTIPLE SOLUTIONS:

SOLUTION ONE
Start> TYPE"control panel"ENTER,
select, hardware and sound-> power options,->system settings
disable "turn on fast Startup (recommended)" checkbox:no:

SOLUTIONS TWO
PRESS F8 F8 LIKE MANY TIMES CONTINUES WHILE BOOTING IN WINDOWS :wahoo:
THEN INTHE CHOOSE AN OPTION MENU GOTO TROUBLESHOOT
AND SELECT WINDOWS STARTUP SETTINGS THEN
The next screen will ask you to restart your PC, after which you’ll see the familiar Advanced Boot Option screen – the same one that’s been around since Windows XP – and you can choose Safe Mode here. Make sure you select Safe Mode with command prompt.

Once you're logged into safe mode and the command shell is open, type the following code and hit...

Shubham Verlekar

Honorable
May 10, 2013
THERE ARE MULTIPLE SOLUTIONS:

SOLUTION ONE
Start> TYPE"control panel"ENTER,
select, hardware and sound-> power options,->system settings
disable "turn on fast Startup (recommended)" checkbox:no:

SOLUTIONS TWO
PRESS F8 F8 LIKE MANY TIMES CONTINUES WHILE BOOTING IN WINDOWS :wahoo:
THEN INTHE CHOOSE AN OPTION MENU GOTO TROUBLESHOOT
AND SELECT WINDOWS STARTUP SETTINGS THEN
The next screen will ask you to restart your PC, after which you’ll see the familiar Advanced Boot Option screen – the same one that’s been around since Windows XP – and you can choose Safe Mode here. Make sure you select Safe Mode with command prompt.

Once you're logged into safe mode and the command shell is open, type the following code and hit enter: sfc /scannow

Let it do it's thing and when it's done it will say 100% complete.

You can now reboot and your computer should function normally.

SOLUTION 3
REINSTALL WINDOWS:ange:

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS