Question Black screen after overclocking a Ryzen 5700 ?

Jul 28, 2024
Dual channel ddr4 motherboard biostar m450, 32gb ram, m.2 drive, unsure about the battery, ryzen 5700 cpu, 1660 super GPU.

I decided to overclock my cpu it was set to auto with no number so I changed it to 45 after someone suggested it and I turned my pc back on and now it's not turning on. My motherboard has no cmos battery. It has a jcmos1 3 pin set up I took the cap off after unplugging pc, turning it off and then I think unplugged battery and then connected the pins with a screwdriver as said online. I then plugged pc back together completely and then turned it on and it didn't work. Please help!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

biostar m450
Is this your motherboard;
https://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=925
?

Clear the CMOS by disconnecting from the wall and display, then removing the CMOS battery, press and hold down the power button for 30secs to drain any residual power, then replace the battery after 30mins.

Dual channel ddr4 motherboard biostar m450, 32gb ram, m.2 drive, unsure about the battery, ryzen 5700 cpu, 1660 super GPU.

I decided to overclock my cpu it was set to auto with no number so I changed it to 45 after someone suggested it and I turned my pc back on and now it's not turning on. My motherboard has no cmos battery. It has a jcmos1 3 pin set up I took the cap off after unplugging pc, turning it off and then I think unplugged battery and then connected the pins with a screwdriver as said online. I then plugged pc back together completely and then turned it on and it didn't work. Please help!
You need many other adjustments beside just setting permanent multiplier because most automatic settings are disabled and have to be done manually to match frequency,

Jul 28, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

biostar m450
Is this your motherboard;
https://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=925
?

Clear the CMOS by disconnecting from the wall and display, then removing the CMOS battery, press and hold down the power button for 30secs to drain any residual power, then replace the battery after 30mins.
Yes this is the motherboard the battery is under the GPU I removed both and am at work now when I get home I planned on turning thr power off while it's all unplugged and battery is out and then hitting the jcmos1 prongs together with a knife and then plugging it all back together and seeing if it'll run

Jul 28, 2024
You need many other adjustments beside just setting permanent multiplier because most automatic settings are disabled and have to be done manually to match frequency,
I'm unsure what a permanent multiplier is exactly. My cpu isn't that good and is constantly maxing out thoigh I have good temps so I'm trying to get it to work well. My ssd got fried recently long story short I was turning pc off with the button every night and it got fried. Ever since any games that are cpu heavy run shittily with my m.2 my ex gave me for it to run