Black Screen after windows logo

111CC111

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2011
Hi everyone,

I bought a new Samsung RC520 laptop. I logged in fine and started to install virus software, applications, windows updates etc.
In between all this I had to reboot for the installations to be completed with no problems.

I then installed more window updates (office 2010) followed by a reboot. From this point on wards when I power the laptop on it will get as far as the Windows logo screen and then goes into a black screen. If I leave it for 5 minutes the mouse arrow appears but still black screen. :)

I tried booting into

Safemode, last know configuration, Enable low-resolution video (640×480)" startup but still get the black screen.
Ran the repair from the Windows 7 disc.
Can't do a system restore as the laptop is so new it hasn't created one yet, doh!
Tried plugging it into an external monitor and still black screen on laptop.

I have now run out of ideas and I'm desperate to get this fixed. I hope someone can help with this problem.

111CC111

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2011
Hi, thanks for the quick response.

If I try to go into safemode I still get the black screen. I pretty much cant get into Windows with out getting the black screen.

111CC111

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2011
Thanks guys.
Who would think a brand new laptop can give out so many problems. Will see if there is a way for me to do that as am still stuggling to even log in to do anything.