[SOLVED] Black screen and 100% of the cooler speed after changing the frequency, what is the reason ?

Jan 2, 2021
Hi, it was like this: I decided to set a specific parameter for the core frequency instead of auto-overclocking, set 4.2 GHz on the 2700x, turned on temperature tracking via Afterburner, and ran GTA5 for the test. At some point in the game, the monitor went off, and the coolers spun up to 100%, while there was no reboot(the screen went off and the coolers spun for several minutes until I turned off the PSU), the temperature did not rise above 70 °C. On auto-acceleration, the frequencies were within 4125, the PSU-CoolerMaster G750M What could be the reason, the lack of power of the PSU (750W 80 PLUS Bronze) or something else ?

my set:
Ryzen 7 2700X
Gigabyte 2070 GAMING OC 8G
G.Skill Trident z 3600 16Gb
Asus X470 Prime Pro
Cooler Master G750M

Solution
as far as I remember the maximum voltage for 2700x 1.35 V (taking into account the dynamic voltage of 1.4 V), can you advise a utility for tracking the voltage in the overlay in real time, I'll try to "conjure" with the voltage ?
Using Aida64 you can make an OSD of parameters you want, With HWinfo you can have graph of any value it measures, just double click on it.
1.325v is recommended max voltage for Ryzen 2nd and 3rd gen but going a high as 1.5v is not unheard of providing it's short peak and temperature kept in check. Problem is that because of silicone lottery not every CPU will behave same way.
Hi, it was like this: I decided to set a specific parameter for the core frequency instead of auto-overclocking, set 4.2 GHz on the 2700x, turned on temperature tracking via Afterburner, and ran GTA5 for the test. At some point in the game, the monitor went off, and the coolers spun up to 100%, while there was no reboot(the screen went off and the coolers spun for several minutes until I turned off the PSU), the temperature did not rise above 70 °C. On auto-acceleration, the frequencies were within 4125, the PSU-CoolerMaster G750M What could be the reason, the lack of power of the PSU (750W 80 PLUS Bronze) or something else ?

my set:
Ryzen 7 2700X
Gigabyte 2070 GAMING OC 8G
G.Skill Trident z 3600 16Gb
Asus X470 Prime Pro
Cooler Master G750M
Too low CPU voltage most likely.

as far as I remember the maximum voltage for 2700x 1.35 V (taking into account the dynamic voltage of 1.4 V), can you advise a utility for tracking the voltage in the overlay in real time, I'll try to "conjure" with the voltage ?
Using Aida64 you can make an OSD of parameters you want, With HWinfo you can have graph of any value it measures, just double click on it.
1.325v is recommended max voltage for Ryzen 2nd and 3rd gen but going a high as 1.5v is not unheard of providing it's short peak and temperature kept in check. Problem is that because of silicone lottery not every CPU will behave same way.

Solution