Black screen and blinking white dot(Windows 7)

Kevin_122

Reputable
Apr 7, 2016
I had this error "failure to configure the updates" etc and it froze, so i force restarted my computer and got a black screen with a blinking white dot. I can go into the BIOS etc. I'm thinking that the windows couldn't load etc. PS: I don't have a optical drive because i installed my windows from an USB Stick and now i don't know what should i do...

Solution
Use the iso you used to install windows 7, put it into your computer and reboot.
Upon the windows 7 installation welcome screen, choose repair my computer.
There should be an option for system restore points, if nothing happened to it.
Look at it and find out when windows put the update in to make your computer not bootable.
If that doesn't work let it search for any problems and let it attempt to fix it.
If it fails the best way from there is a complete reinstall of the os.
The only thing from this issue, you need to watch what windows update may give you to update.
As some old or new hardware doesn't work out right if it gets the wrong drivers or software from microsoft directly.
Hmm reboot the computer, upon posting, tap the f8 until safe mode menu comes up.
Next start with safe mode, no networking, hit enter and login as the admin.
There is a windows update that maybe causing your computer to not boot up correctly.
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/24373-windows-update-uninstall-update.html

View this link carefully, then think back to when you saw that error, "TRY" to find out which windows update is the problem by the recent install date.

Kevin_122

Reputable
Apr 7, 2016

I've tried getting into the safe mode, by pressing f8 and alot of other function keys. But they're not working. I'm thinking that i will try to make a bootable usb stick and put my win 7 on it. So i could boot it and try to repair my computer from there.

Use the iso you used to install windows 7, put it into your computer and reboot.
Upon the windows 7 installation welcome screen, choose repair my computer.
There should be an option for system restore points, if nothing happened to it.
Look at it and find out when windows put the update in to make your computer not bootable.
If that doesn't work let it search for any problems and let it attempt to fix it.
If it fails the best way from there is a complete reinstall of the os.
The only thing from this issue, you need to watch what windows update may give you to update.
As some old or new hardware doesn't work out right if it gets the wrong drivers or software from microsoft directly.

Solution