Question Black screen and fans at full speed (gpu not overheating)

Aug 6, 2022
Hello everyone,
I recently cleaned my graphics card which reduced the temperature from up to 83°C down to 73°C. However, ever since I keep getting black screens where fans also go too full speed and I have to crash the computer :/
This problem only seems to occur when playing new world as well... I run gpu stress tests from time to time (currently running one for over 30 minutes now) trying to replicate the problem to see if the gpu is the problem but so far it only happens in new world.
Sometimes I can play for multiple hours without any problem and other times my pc just crashes 10+ times in 3h.
I feel like this has to have something to do with me cleaning my graphics card because I played new world for multiple weeks without any problem before that and this is the only thing I did directly before the problem started to happen (I think ~1h after cleaning was the first time this happened).

Is there anything else I could test to make sure it is the graphics card? I ofc dont want to go and spend 500€+ without knowing for sure the graphics card is causing the issue.

motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-M2 V2 (MS-7B84)
cpu: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
ram: 2x corsair cmk8gx4m1d3000c16
graphics card: NVIDIA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070
psu: Super Silent: Corsair VS550 - 550W

Aug 6, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I have to crash the computer :/
Please elaborate. Do you mean reboot?

psu: Super Silent: Corsair VS550 - 550W
How old is the PSU in your build?

With crash I mean press the power button until it turns off (not sure what the right term for that is).
The PSU is just over 3 years old.

Lutfij

Titan
You should try and source(borrow0 a donor PSU that's reliably built and has at least 650W of power to power your build.

I recently cleaned my graphics card which reduced the temperature from up to 83°C down to 73°C
What temps? Case or GPU?

As for your GPU change, did you reinstall your GPU drivers after removing them with DDU?

Aug 6, 2022
You should try and source(borrow0 a donor PSU that's reliably built and has at least 650W of power to power your build.

I recently cleaned my graphics card which reduced the temperature from up to 83°C down to 73°C
What temps? Case or GPU?

As for your GPU change, did you reinstall your GPU drivers after removing them with DDU?
Sadly I do not have a PSU I can borrow right now but I will ask in some kind of computer repair shop tomorrow if they can help me out.

The Temperature I mean is the one displayed in "openHardwareMonitore" under my nvidia card, which I assume is the gpu Temperatur (not sure what other temperatures are displayed) . I also checked it with the GeForce experience overlay which showed the exact same.

When I cleaned my graphics card I did not reinstall the drivers since I put the same card back in but after so many black screens I did eventually do it anyway (3 times actually) and used DDU to clean drivers before. The reason I did it multiple times is because it seemed as if the first reinstall action caused more black screen, which was propably just random but I didn't know what else to do.

Dec 3, 2022
Might be a little late but how do the pads look on the vrm and vram? Your core might be cool but not the other parts since opening. From my experience black screens are a vram issue if not overheating.