[SOLVED] black screen and flashing key when installing windows

May 3, 2022
i tried to install windows from a usb i made on my pc. it worked fine the first time, however after trying to customise my boot device and accidentally deleting the wrong devices i restarted my pc. i then loaded it up and it just was black with a flashing key. i can enter the bios and just about tried every combination for boot device 1 and boot device 2. im guessing i want the boot device 1 as the usb and boot device 2 as my ssd. has anyone got any fixes, do i need to remake my usb, and if so can i do it on a different computer and plug it into the one im trying to install windows on. any help would be appreciate, ive given myself a little shock

Solution
i tried to install windows from a usb i made on my pc. it worked fine the first time, however after trying to customise my boot device and accidentally deleting the wrong devices i restarted my pc. i then loaded it up and it just was black with a flashing key. i can enter the bios and just about tried every combination for boot device 1 and boot device 2. im guessing i want the boot device 1 as the usb and boot device 2 as my ssd. has anyone got any fixes, do i need to remake my usb, and if so can i do it on a different computer and plug it into the one im trying to install windows on. any help would be appreciate, ive given myself a little shock
Yes, you can make install USB on any machine, just have to download same Windows...
Yes, you can make install USB on any machine, just have to download same Windows version and license type (Pro, Home) and language using Media Creation Tool from MS site. It can either download as ISO file or make a bootable USB. During install, delete all partitions from target disk. After first reboot unplug USB before continuing.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS