[SOLVED] Black screen and then gpu fans go's to100%

Jan 6, 2020
Hi guys,sorry for my bad english(its not my 1st language)
The problem began when i was in pubg match and all of a sudden my screen went black and my graphic card's fans speed went to 100%
And now i can not pass the menu in the game without getting a black screen!!
I'm using this pc for about a year now
The graphic card is gigabyte gtx 1080 windforce
Cpu:intel core i5 8400
16gb of trident z rgb 2400mhz
Asus rog strix b360-f
Ssd:samsung 970 evo 250 gb
Psu:cooler master master watt 700 lite
For hdds though i have 1 ancient 500 gb(9 years old) and 1 even more ancient 160 gb laptop hdd(im not sure about the age of this one😂)
I checked the temps of both cpu and gpu ,they wore at mid 60's
And my chase has 7 fans(only the fans on graphics card go's too 100% when black screen happeneds)
Im using cable extensions(they have good quality)
Please help me,my brother and i workd for a year to buy this pc
its too soon to be faulty

Solution
First check is your 8 pin power cable connected correctly in the gpu (see if it is loose or half plugged )
connect it tightly and try then if not thy cleanign whole pc but pay more attention on parts where you hardware connects.
tell me if it works

jovan.draganovic

Reputable
Nov 27, 2018
First check is your 8 pin power cable connected correctly in the gpu (see if it is loose or half plugged )
connect it tightly and try then if not thy cleanign whole pc but pay more attention on parts where you hardware connects.
tell me if it works

Solution
Jan 6, 2020
tell me if it works
Hi,thanks for replying
Last time i connected the power cable to gpu was 7 month ago,hadn't any problem till now,but some times in games like assassins creed the little led on top of gpu power connector lighted on for about 3 seconds
And i clean the hole pc every two month,so it shouldent be the problem
Is my graphics card faulty?or is it software problems?
Im using windows 10 1709 build
And nvidia driver 441.66(i think)

jovan.draganovic

Reputable
Nov 27, 2018
Hi,thanks for replying
Last time i connected the power cable to gpu was 7 month ago,hadn't any problem till now,but some times in games like assassins creed the little led on top of gpu power connector lighted on for about 3 seconds
And i clean the hole pc every two month,so it shouldent be the problem
Is my graphics card faulty?or is it software problems?
Im using windows 10 1709 build
And nvidia driver 441.66(i think)
Well if you cleaned it two months ago and 8 pin conector is connected corectly you should be fine about that.
so next thing you should try is installing DDU program and uninstalling all display drivers and downloading the lattest one.( just search "your gpu model"display driver )

Jan 6, 2020
Well if you cleaned it two months ago and 8 pin conector is connected corectly you should be fine about that.
so next thing you should try is installing DDU program and uninstalling all display drivers and downloading the lattest one.( just search "your gpu model"display driver )
I'm so sorry for the delay
Need to get some work done so i'm currently not home for tests,i'll update as soon as i can

Jan 6, 2020
Hi.so sorry for delay
So i did every thing you said,and i'm still getting black screen.i think the problem is with power delivery(psu or maby mother board)any ideas how i can identify the fulty part???
I'm not gana be home for a weak becuse of my job😧(in case i dident make a poste)

TRENDING THREADS