Black screen as well as peripherals stop working after extended use of my pc.

Chantz

Commendable
Mar 10, 2016
I’ve been having trouble with my pc randomly black screening on me after it’s been on for a while. The time it takes to shut off is random (between 30 mins to a whole week). But they all happen the same way: the screen suddenly turns black and if there’s sound playing it’ll keep going for like another 2 seconds then cut out. At the same time the sound cuts out my peripherals stop working (I have a chroma keyboard and the lights stop moving in the pattern and just stay stagnant). At that point I have to restart the entire computer. The screen is black but it still has a connection to the monitor (monitor doesn’t dim). My setup is an sapphire R9 290x tri x OC, MSI Z97 gaming 5 mobo, 4 sticks of ripjaws g. Skill 4gb ram, i7 4790k, Corsair acc 750m PSU, and win 10. Thx.

Solution
I would check the Razer drivers since the keyboard freezes with the system. Update them if theres an update available or do a clean install. I have razer products and I have never had them freeze, unless I was using a chroma app.

Zeditious

Reputable
Jan 12, 2016
I would check the Razer drivers since the keyboard freezes with the system. Update them if theres an update available or do a clean install. I have razer products and I have never had them freeze, unless I was using a chroma app.

Solution