Black Screen at seemingly random intervals

GhostTheToast

Commendable
Jan 26, 2017
Hello!
I'm having an issue where my display will go black randomly, but it seems to be happening sooner and sooner after post. The last time I tried it I only have time to get to the password screen. What is odd is that the GPU's fans seem to be still spinning, the motherboard's LEDs are on, the case fans are spinning and the CPU fan is constantly spinning, but turns every now and then. I would appreciate any help I can get because I don't really know where to start. I've checked the drivers for GPU are up to date and so is the BIOS. Here are the specs of the system:
MOBO - MSI B350 PC Mate
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 1600
GPU - MSI Duke Geforce GTX 1080
RAM - DDR4 Team Dark Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB)
PSU - EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G1
Storage - NVMe M.2 - Samsung 970 Evo 256GB - Boot drive-
SSD - Micron 1100 2 TB
HDD - Seagate IronWolf 6TB
If there is anything else you need to know, just let me know and I can provide. The strangest thing to me about this the night before this started happening, it was fine. The day it's acting really funky. Oh well, hopefully, you guys can help me figure out what is wrong.

Let me say though that I'm a new poster, so please let me know if I'm doing something wrong. I'm not 100% sure what is wrong, but my leading theory so far is the GPU. I'm hoping its something else, but I fear its the GPU

Ghost

Edit: Did some further testing and it seems that I only have this issue with my monitor that connects via HDMI. Do need to stop using the HDMI port on my GPU?

GhostTheToast

Commendable
Jan 26, 2017

I have tried replacing the cable. I guess I'll do some empirical testing and try to see if its the monitor or GPU. Thank you!