Question Black screen, but button comes up

Mar 10, 2019
Hp envy 17 core i7..... The fault started this way, please allow me narrate the whole story so you could help suggest a solution.. I was first having a fan issue, because the fan stopped working, I didn't give it an attention because all was still fun using (1st ever mistake), am also a type that doesn't switch off laptop I would just close and leave it to either sleep or hibernate itself, so a day came that I was playing FIFA 15 on it and it suddenly started heating out which has never happened, I turned it off to cool it after which I tried putting it on again but refused to come up on the screen but the button light would come up. so I took it to a close by engineer who checked and said it has affected the motherboard(something that is attached to the motherboard is damaged), I was shocked and didn't say anything than to take my laptop out of his office because I thought he wasn't capable enough because I used to believe motherboard cannot just be damaged all of a sudden and you'd tell me to go get another motherboard, so I kept the laptop and never bother to repair than to get a new one. So please what do you suggest I do that would bring solution without me changing the motherboard?

Mar 5, 2019
If the motherboard is faulty then there is sadly no workaround... You can try the steps I describe in my post about my asus laptop if you want (link below). First of all I would try to connect it to an external monitor to see if there is an output and maybe trying to do a hard reset (unplug ac and battery and hild down the power button for 20-30 seconds) but if the problem really is the motherboard you can either get it fixed by a professional, which implies changing it our for a new one, or get a new laptop.

Link to the post with detailed instructions: