Question Black screen delay when pressing Windows key or alt-tabbing in CS:GO ?

Oct 21, 2021
I hope you can read this:

This problem wasn't happening to me before i tried to overclock my monitor , the overclock is alright but the game didnt detect the custom res so i tried everything but nothing helpful , i found that creating custom res with 60 hz then creating one with 144hz will show it in the game , but if i set the custom res in windows it shows the half of screen (1440x1080) but its working in the game like normal... but some <Mod Edit> happened if i quit or alt tab the game , windows does not switch to 1920x1080 but in the setting it shows that its in 1920x1080 wtf , i reinstalled gfx driver and everything got back to normal , BUT , ALT TAB GOT THE 2SEC DELAY , (problem doesnt happen if i have the game in 1920x1080 and i will not switch to borderless or windowed)

Mar 1, 2022
I had the alt-tabbing 2 second delay for a couple weeks and thought to check my advanced display settings. Turns out my display on HDMI was on 120Hz since the (max) 144Hz option wasn't showing. I switched to a Display Port connection, 144Hz displayed by default, and the alt-tab delay went away.

Hope this helps!