Black screen during windows loading screen

Cnida

Commendable
May 9, 2016
I recently installed a new (R9 380) graphics card, after my previous (R9 280) died. Everything worked fine, until I installed the driver. I am running windows 10 on a i5-4460, ASRock B85M, with a dual monitor setup. My main monitor is plugged in the R9, the other in the onboard.
The pc works as it should be, but the startup is getting quite a pain. Does anyone have a clue as to what is going on, and how I can fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated ^^.

The following happens:
1. I press the power button, the pc boots and the windows loading screen appears
2. After hearing a -thud- indicating that the external speakers have turned on, the screen goes black (no signal). To me it seems the driver failed loading properly.
3a. If I wish, I could still start the pc with the onboard screen. In that case the video card is still being recognised in the device manager. It still recognises the black screen as the main screen.
3b. I however do log in to the pc, instead I shortly pres the power button. The pc shuts down regularly, and then either:
4a. Is simply turned off, making me start over at step 1
4b. Reboots by itself and successfully starts the graphics driver. There are no further problems until I reboot. The pc must have recognised there was a problem and fixed it. A shame it has to rediscover this every time again.

I have seen the monitor read something like the resolution is not supported several times. I cannot reproduce this message, however. Not sure when it appears.

I have tried with no success:
A clean reinstall of the graphics driver multiple times including
The driver has been updated recently.
Entering the bios doing nothing.
Switching off the second monitor/onboard graphics in the bios.
Startup from sleep mode.
cmos reset.

Solution
Yesterday after doing another clean driver install it seemed to work for a moment. Apparently that was only the case for this one restart...

Cnida

Commendable
May 9, 2016
Yesterday after doing another clean driver install it seemed to work for a moment. Apparently that was only the case for this one restart...

Solution