Question black screen for 1 second only in games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiatro

Prominent
May 8, 2020
Hello, so I've got an Samsung C27RG50 240Hz monitor, g-sync compatible and I'm having an issue that when I play some at least little demanding game the monitor turns black for a second... It occured in games: CS:GO, WOT, A Story About My Uncle. League of Legends for example runs perfectly fine... I've checked the cable (which is new btw) and it is completely okay, tried new GPU drivers, monitor drivers... nothing helped... oh and I have an Asus ROG Strix GL503VM notebook, i7-7700HQ and GTX 1060... would you know what should i try next?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
How do you mean it black screens, like when you first load into game or it cuts out while playing?

Couple of things that come to mind you can try. Disable fullscreen optimisation under compatibilty for the game's exe. Try disable Gsync to see if it's Gsync related. Could be a combination of fullscreen optimisation (which is a blend between borderless window + fullscreen) and Gsync that when a game goes fullscreen (if this is when it blacks out) could maybe cause this as Gsync goes to engage.

If by turns black, you mean regular black screens, then try lower Hz to 120 or 144. Cable could not be up to task for 240Hz. When it comes to DP cables, they can be source of blackouts at high Hz ranges if poorly made

Hiatro

Prominent
May 8, 2020
How do you mean it black screens, like when you first load into game or it cuts out while playing?

Couple of things that come to mind you can try. Disable fullscreen optimisation under compatibilty for the game's exe. Try disable Gsync to see if it's Gsync related. Could be a combination of fullscreen optimisation (which is a blend between borderless window + fullscreen) and Gsync that when a game goes fullscreen (if this is when it blacks out) could maybe cause this as Gsync goes to engage.

If by turns black, you mean regular black screens, then try lower Hz to 120 or 144. Cable could not be up to task for 240Hz. When it comes to DP cables, they can be source of blackouts at high Hz ranges if poorly made
for a little while i was on 120Hz because i dont know what happened but after some time i took a look at the nVidia control panel there wasnt 240 Hz at all (repaired by unplugging and plugging in the cable), the black screens are randomly during game, i can try to disable the optimisation. anyways before this monitor i had an AOC 24G2U i guess and it was doing the same but only with gsync turned on, but the monitor was only freesync so i blamed that and bought another one (this Samsung) to prevent issues with g-sync... i think it will work just the same as the previous monitor did...

Hiatro

Prominent
May 8, 2020

and also the previous monitor was 144 and it was doing the same so... the cable i have is: https://www.alza.cz/vention-mini-displayport-to-displayport-dp-cable-1-5m-black-d5827471.htm

boju

Titan
Ambassador
I suspect it could be the cable. Club3D are a Vesa certified brand and so are Accell.

https://www.accellww.com/products/ultraav-mini-displayport-to-displayport-1-2-cable

Don't see Vention there;

Hiatro

Prominent
May 8, 2020
I suspect it could be the cable. Club3D are a Vesa certified brand and so are Accell.

https://www.accellww.com/products/ultraav-mini-displayport-to-displayport-1-2-cable

Don't see Vention there;

are you sure? because it worked with monitor Lenovo Y25f-10 just fine no problems, also it would have to be from somewhere here like from the "Alza" shop

Hiatro

Prominent
May 8, 2020

Don't see Vention there;

or at least czc.cz shop

Status
Not open for further replies.