Cofetaru

Reputable
Jun 4, 2015
Hello guys i think i messed up.
My config:
CPU: amd fx6300
GPU: GTX 950
PSU: evga 850 g1

So my monitor it goes black for 5 maximum 10 seconds randomly like after 10-30 minutes.
I've used VGA/DVI/HDMI same problem.
I've changed monitor same problem.
I've took out the gpu and connect to onboard GPU , same problem.
I've took out RAM + Battery , same problem.

The thing is because MSI UPDATE was annoying me with updates i pressed update BIOS.
Everything was fine but the update driver was looking like was stuck... cos it was like that for hours , so i closed it up from task manager , no problem.
Later when i turned off the pc and i turned on again some problem with my battery , i pull it out put it back and sort the problem with battery.
But i think this problem started after i updated the bios , i m sure it wasn t before .
Do you think something went wrong with my motherboard? something faulty or something fried? :/

EDIT: Screen goes black even if i m browsing even if i m playing even if is in idle.

Lutfij

Titan
It's always advised to not do anything foolish like shutting off the BIOS update for your system by either accessing it from Task Manager or rebooting the system if it takes too long. Another point to note is that you should always update your BIOS the vintage way, i.e putting the BIOS file on a USB drive and using Mfalsh to flash your BIOS.

1| Can you please pass on your full system's specs inclusive of your OS and connected peripherals?
2| Have you tried, uninstalling MSI Live Update, downloading the latest BIOS from the manufacturer's site and then updating your BIOS from the BOOT screen?
3| With the inclusion of your system's specs we can suggest what to do next and where to source your drivers if you're yet stuck in this quagmire.
4| We're also assuming your GPU drivers are up to date. If not please follow this tutorial for your GPU and please download the latest chipset drivers from AMD.