Black Screen freezes on Safe Mode start-up.

Eric Leon

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2011
Hello,

Recently, my computer has been hit by the blue screen virus and I've been trying to start the computer up in safe mode like how I did last time I was hit with the same virus in order to remove every important document out of my computer before rebooting it. Unfortunately, when I click the safe mode option, the safe mode loads up, but, freezes on its start-up. I also took a picture hoping someone would know how to fix this issue.

This has happened about 10+ times.

The middle top of the picture states: Microsoft (R) Windows (R) (Build 6001: Service Pack 1) and all four corners of the screen state "Safe Mode"

The mouse it also fully movable, but, nothing shows up, only that black screen.

Picture: http://i41.tinypic.com/depx7d.jpg

To get into the Windows Vista and Windows 7 Safe Mode, as the computer is booting press and hold your "F8 Key" which should bring up the "Windows Advanced Options Menu" as shown below. Use your arrow keys to move to "Safe Mode" and press your Enter key.

Note: With some computers if you press and hold a key as the computer is booting you will get a stuck key message. If this occurs, instead of pressing and holding the "F8 key", tap the "F8 key" continuously until you get the startup menu.

Trouble Getting into Safe mode - If after several attempts you are unable to get into Safe Mode as the computer is booting into Windows, turn off your computer. When the computer is turned on the next time Windows should notice that the computer did not successfully boot and give you the Safe Mode screen.