Question Black Screen Help

May 4, 2022
Recently just upgraded my Cpu, Ryzen 5 3600 to Ryzen 9 5900x, My Pc Display goes black around 30 minutes into certain games, all Usb devices get disconnected but pc fans will still be running. My pc is still on but I cant turn it off with the power button I had to use the power switch on the PSU to fully turn off. This issue never happened with my ryzen 5. the 5900x temps idle is around 35-40 C, when under load 55-65C

I updated my Motherboard bios, chipset and gpu drivers and I still get the same results
I've had my PSU for about 5 years and my motherboard about 4 years if that matters

My Hardware: No OC

Cpu:Ryzen 9 5900x
Gpu:AMD Powercolor Red Devil Rx 5700 XT
Psu: CX750M Corsair
Motherboard: msi x470 gaming plus
Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32gb ddr4 3600
Cooling: Noctua NH-D15
Case: Cooler Masterbox Pro 5
Storage: 1 Samsung 970 E NVMe 1 Tb and Samsung SSD

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Did you update the BIOS prior to dropping in the Ryzen 9 5900x? The case you own isn't exactly friendly with hot hardware. What app did you use to monitor your temps when the issue crops up? As for your PSU, you might want to source a PSU that's reliably built and has at least 650W at the entire system's disposal. Speaking of PSU's, do you own the green labelled unit or the grey labelled unit?

May 4, 2022
I did not update the bios when I installed the 5900x my pc actually wouldn't boot i learned later that i needed to update my Mb bios so it could detect my chip.so i had reinstall my old cpu chip to flash the updated bios then once the bios was updated i was able to boot with my 5900x.
And yeah im thinking of upgrading my pc case for that exact reason. I used CoreTemp and msi afterburner to monitor my temps, as for my PSU i have grey labelled unit 80 plus Bronze.