[SOLVED] black screen monitors turn off no signal fans loud

Status
Not open for further replies.

everynameistakenn

Honorable
Jan 7, 2016
hello guys i need some big help because i have no idea what to do im not that much of an expert i only play video games so i dont think i will ever find an answer on my own without someones help...so let me start with this it happened like 6 months ago for the first time probably it rarely happens but sometimes it happenes 2 times a day sometimes it doesn't happen for a week u never know dont have spare parts so i cant even check which part is faulty but even if i do it might not crash for a week anyways so im just like wasting time or idk ...so the actual problem or the description of the problem is sometimes if i play games or maybe i dont i just watch videos who knows its random i dont have to play games for this to happen so sometimes both my monitors just turn off black screen no signal whatever and the fans turn really loud and i need to restart the pc to fix it since i cant do anything well if im watching the movie the movei still works in the background y know or if im on ts or play a game it still works the monitor just turn black so i cant play but i can still hear the sounds that it works or talk to people well not sure if its temperature related but i dont really go over 70 72 maybe ive seen liek thousands of these posts like literally hundreds of people have this issue but all those posts but not a single answer i just couldnt find any solution like the answers always differ so it can be caused by literally any part of the computer or even just a cable who knows thats what i want to find out since im not in a financial situation to change like 3 4 parts of my pc until i figure out the problem its just not possible for me so my pc specs
Intel i7 7700k
gtx 1070 extreme gaming graphic card nvidia
corsair water cooling not sure which one
hx 850i corsair psu
32gb 3200 mhz corsair rams

Also i forgot to mention i tried listening to where the sound comes from i dont think gpu fans turn up to 100% when the black screen occures i think its case fans also none of my components are more than 4 years old maybe 3 maybe my psu is the oldest since i got that before my new pc but thats about it max 4 years psu should have a long lifespawn right especially this one so its hard to imagine but its not impossible but these parts are quite expensive to replace so icant just randomly replace parts to find out whats causing i would blow an entire year of savings to do that or maybe more tried to look inside the pc case but it wasnt even that dusty i was like surely it must be dusty thats why but it wasnt tried to push the pins the cables maybe it was loose or smt but i dont think so so honestly dont have a clue also i dont have anything overclocked i never had my drivers are up to date windows updates too so i would really appreciate some help wanted to spend the few days i have free playing video games but it looks like its not happening instead i get stress even in my free days wonderful :D :D exactly what i wanted well hope someone can help before i have to change psu gpu and cpu that would cost like almost 2k and i just bought em like 2 years ago so its weird well thank you people in advance if any of u kind enough to give some info maybe it helps

Solution
Then run this,
Press Win + R to open Run dialog and type: cmd to open Command Prompt;
Type: Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and hit Enter let it do its thing and restart after its done.

everynameistakenn

Honorable
Jan 7, 2016
so im back just want to say i did furmark for 30 minutes max temperature was 70 min was 46 i think or smt maybe i should have let 1 hour idk if that is helpful or i should have crashed there if its a gpu problem or its also random who knows...did the command prompt thingy should i send the cbs.log over or ? what do i do with this it says win resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them :-s

everynameistakenn

Honorable
Jan 7, 2016
hey sry i wasnt watching the replys i was gaming the whole time for like 5 6 hours no black screen nothing so i dont think its related to temperature or gpu usage or anything it feels like its completely random idk i do the scan now we'll see what it says

everynameistakenn

Honorable
Jan 7, 2016
now it says "windows resource protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them for online repair details etc etc ........." so now i just wait and do my thing and see if black screen happens or no ?

Yup as far as files go. The next time it happens, if ever again. go to computer management and look up critical error report/s. And see if it tells you what the problem was. Just as a precaution you may want to check your gpu adapter files for an update, and any other driver updates you may run across when you check in device manager. One last thing what motherboard do you use? And what bios # are you using?

everynameistakenn

Honorable
Jan 7, 2016
hi again my mother board is gigabyte aorus z270x gaming k5 i dont really alter any bios settings so its the default one i assume it hasn't happened since but its only been 2 days so it can happen or not who know s:D

hi again my mother board is gigabyte aorus z270x gaming k5 i dont really alter any bios settings so its the default one i assume it hasn't happened since but its only been 2 days so it can happen or not who know s:D
Well if you haven't change anything I would, If you know how, or have a computer nerd friend, update driver files and bios. Definitely do not update bios if you do not know what you are doing.;)

Reactions: everynameistakenn
Status
Not open for further replies.