[SOLVED] Black Screen/ No Signal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 7, 2022
I was watching a youtube video, then all of sudden the screen/monitor displayed a 'No Signal' message, I was still able to listen to the audio of the YT video, then just pressed the power button on the PC case to shut down the windows, then turned it ON again the power button the pc case, still no display, but I can again hear the sound of windows.
What might be the problem?

My config is

Processor: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G

Motherboard: Asus Ex A320M gaming

Ram: Gskill Ripjaws 1 X 8GB

Graphics Card: Gtx 1050Ti - Zotac Mini

PSU: Ant Esports VS500L 500 Watt

PC case: Antec P7 Window

Solution
I think you might need a new cable. Both GPU and iGPU are working and nothing seems to be overhearing or anything. But you really shouldn't have to ram the cord in, with was an issue with both devices. That makes me think that it could be the cable after all. Do tou have a spare, by any chance? Also, sorry for the late answer, I was busy last night.

KyaraM

Admirable
Several things. First, try connect the monitor via a different port if possible. So switch from HDMI port 1 to port 2, to DP etc. Try to select the connected port manually. Try a different monitor cable. If any of those help, it was either your port or cable at fault. Try a different monitor if possible if not.

If nothing helps, that CPU has an iGPU, right, since it's G-series? Try taking out your GPU and connecting the monitor to your mobo directly. See if you get a picture. If yes, your GPU died on you.

Reactions: seriouseditview
Mar 7, 2022
Several things. First, try connect the monitor via a different port if possible. So switch from HDMI port 1 to port 2, to DP etc. Try to select the connected port manually. Try a different monitor cable. If any of those help, it was either your port or cable at fault. Try a different monitor if possible if not.

If nothing helps, that CPU has an iGPU, right, since it's G-series? Try taking out your GPU and connecting the monitor to your mobo directly. See if you get a picture. If yes, your GPU died on you.
I removed the GPU from the Motherboard and I tried connecting the HDMI cable to the motherboard HDMI port, at the first attempt I did not get the display, then again tried inserting the HDMI cable harder into the port, then I got the display. Then again I attached the GPU to the motherboard, to see if I get any display, I didn't get in the first attempt, then with more force and pressure I pressed the HDMI cable harder into the port(I did this many times before but never got the display), then I got the display, now the first thing which I am doing after logging into the PC is to write this post. And I will try to play Battlefield 1 just to check if the GPU is working well or not, I will post / update soon.

Mar 7, 2022
I played Battlefield 1 with this settings (see the image) at 1366 X 720, I get a constant 60FPS for most of the time without any problem.
View: https://i.imgur.com/deqc3kq.png

View: https://i.imgur.com/dvgb9Yz.png

The GPU temperature is usually 54, don't be mislead by the second pic, the temperature is low because I switched between browser and the Game, for uploading the captured image so when I switched to browser the temp went low to 38 degree.

KyaraM

KyaraM

Admirable
I think you might need a new cable. Both GPU and iGPU are working and nothing seems to be overhearing or anything. But you really shouldn't have to ram the cord in, with was an issue with both devices. That makes me think that it could be the cable after all. Do tou have a spare, by any chance? Also, sorry for the late answer, I was busy last night.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.