[SOLVED] Black screen of death while playing games

Sicma

Prominent
Aug 9, 2020
Hello.
I asked this question a year ago, but I didn't resolve the issue, so I might need help again.
At that time I bought new mb, cpu, ram and ssd and an used gpu.
The problem I had then (that I still have) is that when I try to play a game screen goes black, sound starts buzzing for 5-10 sec and then the system restarts. Lately it opens BIOS after restart, and when I close it, BIOS opens again. I have to manually shut down pc for it to boot normally. I took my pc to service, and they returned it saying that there is no issue, nothing crashes, and that both cpu and gpu passed benchmark tests without problem. They said that it didn't even crash during gaming, but the problem still persisted when I took it back. Maybe it's worth mentioning that I have screen with vga port, so I have to use vga to hdmi adapter. Year ago I flashed bios, and all my graphic drivers are up to date., power saving is turned off in Power Management.

My configurqtion is:
Msi b450m pro-vdh max
Ryzen 3 3100
Radeon rx580
2x8gb hyperx 3000mhz ram
EDIT:
Cooler Master Elite 600w 230v - v3 psu

Last edited:
Solution
That PSU should have been recycled because that is what we humans need to do with our garbage.

Buy a proper, high quality PSU of at least tier B in this tier list:

and pray that any other hardware is not permanently damaged by the garbage PSU.
That PSU should have been recycled because that is what we humans need to do with our garbage.

Reactions: drivinfast247
Solution

Sicma

Prominent
Aug 9, 2020
ig max 2650 sixtus 600 w psu
[/QUOTE]

I don't know what that is but I'd get a better one.
[/QUOTE]
Sorry for misinformation, I copied info from last year post. I have new psu now, Cooler Master Elite 600w 230v - v3

Sicma

Prominent
Aug 9, 2020

I copied configuration from last year post, sorry. In meantime I bought Cooler Master Elite 600w 230v - v3 psu, but as I can see from list, it is not good enough too?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Yeah, hard to say without a good PSU in there; both are absolutely terrible. The big risk is that the first junk PSU -- which is one of absolutely horrifying quality -- damaged the GPU. In the PC hobby, cheap PSUs tend to be the most expensive part of a build.

Reactions: dotas1