Question Black screen on both monitors when gaming at 4k

Dec 29, 2022
I bought a new 4k 144hz aoc screen on black friday. My old main screen wich now is my secondary screen is an asus 1080p 60hz.

When i tried out the new screen on csgo at 4k it ran fine for about 30 minutes or so, no problems. But all of the sudden both my main screen and secondary blacked out, it said no signal. But the computer didnt crash. I could still hear sounds and talk on discord.

After some troubleshooting i still didnt find a fix for the black screening, but playing at a lower resolution worked. I tried 1080p, 1440p and 2048x 1536 (widescreen).

Anyone got any ideas?
My pc specs are
ryzen 1800x
gtx 2060 with a cpu cooler on it and slapped on some vrm coolers. max 75c when stress testing so shouldnt be overheating
hyperx fury 32gb 3200mhz
Fractal design 850w plat psu

Last edited:
gtx 2060 with a cpu cooler on it and slapped on some vrm coolers. max 75c when stress testing so shouldnt be overheating
No offense, but WTH would you do that? This is just about certainly the reason you're having problems. I'd bet what's in my wallet that this is the reason you're having problems and it doesn't have to have anything to do with overheating, although I'd be very surprised if you weren't throttling somewhere.

And what is the model of your "850w PSU", because "850w PSU" literally means absolutely nothing to anybody. There are 850w power supplies, even ones with Gold 80 Plus certifications, that I wouldn't trust to power a matchbox car or light bulb.

What are your CPU temps doing? Have you checked Nvidia control panel to make sure you don't have a TV or other weird resolution selected, as there are generally multiple versions of various resolutions and some of them don't work correctly on PC displays or when used with other resolutions. And there might be other Nvidia control panel settings that are to blame. Would be a good idea to make sure you have the most recent motherboard BIOS and Nvidia drivers installed as well.

What kind of settings are you playing at that you can even game at 4k on an RTX 2060 because aside from low settings or very weak games, the 2060 really can't handle 4k gaming.

Dec 29, 2022
No offense, but WTH would you do that? This is just about certainly the reason you're having problems. I'd bet what's in my wallet that this is the reason you're having problems and it doesn't have to have anything to do with overheating, although I'd be very surprised if you weren't throttling somewhere.

And what is the model of your "850w PSU", because "850w PSU" literally means absolutely nothing to anybody. There are 850w power supplies, even ones with Gold 80 Plus certifications, that I wouldn't trust to power a matchbox car or light bulb.

What are your CPU temps doing? Have you checked Nvidia control panel to make sure you don't have a TV or other weird resolution selected, as there are generally multiple versions of various resolutions and some of them don't work correctly on PC displays or when used with other resolutions. And there might be other Nvidia control panel settings that are to blame. Would be a good idea to make sure you have the most recent motherboard BIOS and Nvidia drivers installed as well.

What kind of settings are you playing at that you can even game at 4k on an RTX 2060 because aside from low settings or very weak games, the 2060 really can't handle 4k gaming.

Thanks for your reply!

Yeah you're right about my janky GPU i should put on the stock cooler on again. Probably why it's blackscreening now that you say it
CPU temps are fine, around 60c.

I'll do a bit digging in the control panel to see if i find something

Mobo and GPU drivers up to date
PSU is a fractal design ion 860 plat

I mostly play ligt games like CSGO or farming simulator. Occasionally some GTA
But I'll probably have to invest in a better GPU in the future

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts