Question Black screen problem with a GT 730 and an ASUS monitor ?

Jul 26, 2024
I recently changed my monitor to an ASUS one and since then I have an annoying problem where the screen goes black for short periods of time. I can force the situation to occur by moving the cursor to the bottom right-hand part of the screen.

My setup is 2 screens running from a GT 730, the other screen is a TV monitor but I have no problems with that side of things.

I appear to have the latest driver according to Windows 10 - - 30.0.14.7141 dated 12/7/2021.
The problem tends to occur when I'm scrolling through some online news sites and a bit of video appears, but not always. If I move the cursor to the bottom right and leave it there, the screen goes black for a period, then flashes back only to return to black. Moving the cursor stops it happening.

The monitor appears to be on during the black screen periods.

Bob

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Asus have a number of monitors in their product portfolio, past and present, which one are you on as of this moment and what did you migrate from?

Use DDU to remove your current GPU drivers(Intel, AMD and Nvidia) in Safe Mode, then manually reisntall with the latest GPU driver sourced from Nvidia's support site;
in an elevated command.

Jul 26, 2024
I updated the driver as per your link, guidance seemed to say no need to remove the old one (was not confident in doing so). Unfortunately no change, the new monitor is ASUS VP289Q. I can't remember the old one, I simply moved HDMI cable from one to the other. I have seen some comments about replacing the HDMI cable, haven't tried that yet as it is a long cable and bit difficult to get to.