[SOLVED] Black screen when I add 16 GB ram 2x8

Feb 11, 2021
I have a PC with 16 GB RAM, I want to add more 16 GB, and when I start up the PC it's all black screen nothing else come up, I have tried each of the sticks and all works, but when I install the 4 together it doesn't work, just a black screen

Solution
I have a PC with 16 GB RAM, I want to add more 16 GB, and when I start up the PC it's all black screen nothing else come up, I have tried each of the sticks and all works, but when I install the 4 together it doesn't work, just a black screen

This is why RAM is sold in matching sets. Return the RAM and buy a 32 GB set of 2x16 or try your luck with another set and hope it works with what you have. You can improve your chances alittle by matching the make and model of the RAM already in it.

This is why RAM is sold in matching sets. Return the RAM and buy a 32 GB set of 2x16 or try your luck with another set and hope it works with what you have. You can improve your chances alittle by matching the make and model of the RAM already in it.

Reactions: MeanMachine41
Solution
Feb 11, 2021
What I have is two of 2x8GB
And I think the slots are disabled, how can I enable them, my motherboard is Prime z370-a

You essentially have a mismatch and RAM manufacturers warn you of this. Never mix DIMM modules even of the same specs due to possible Latency differences. Get yourself a single kit the size and frequency the CPU supports and selected from the MB QVL that have been tested and known to work.