[SOLVED] Black Screen while gaming

Sep 29, 2019
So I recently got a gtx 1660 ti and I have a dell xps 8920 I have had it for around 2 and half years . Everything was working fine up for 2 weeks up until a few days ago when I got black screen while playing for an hour of yakuza 0 and it happened a 2 more times after that. So I looked online and at other forums and cannot figure out if it is a gpu problem, ram problem or psu problem. I should add I am new to this whole pc gaming so any help would be much appreciated.

Specs:
Cpu: I5-7400
Gpu: MSI gtx 1660 ti Ventus oc
Ram: Dell 2x4 gb DDR4 and 2x8 gb Crucial Ballistix DDR4
Psu: 460 W

Solution
it is a gpu problem, ram problem or psu problem.
RAM or PSU, or something else.

Use the reliability monitor tool to see you can find something or not.

Because 1) you mixed the RAM. 2) The dell 460W may have problem to handle the gtx1660ti. Even the whole PC will draw 350 W only, but who knows. 3) Maybe the GPU driver too.

If the RAM problem, try to use either the dell or crucial RAM, don't mixed them, to run the PC to see what happens.

If the GPU or PSU problem. Try to use the DDU to uninstall the driver, then reinstall the GPU driver. Then if you still have the same problem, either try other less powerful...
it is a gpu problem, ram problem or psu problem.

Use the reliability monitor tool to see you can find something or not.

Because 1) you mixed the RAM. 2) The dell 460W may have problem to handle the gtx1660ti. Even the whole PC will draw 350 W only, but who knows. 3) Maybe the GPU driver too.

If the RAM problem, try to use either the dell or crucial RAM, don't mixed them, to run the PC to see what happens.

If the GPU or PSU problem. Try to use the DDU to uninstall the driver, then reinstall the GPU driver. Then if you still have the same problem, either try other less powerful GPU or other higher wattage, good brand PSU.

Reactions: RR_93
Solution
Sep 29, 2019

If the GPU or PSU problem. Try to use the DDU to uninstall the driver, then reinstall the GPU driver. Then if you still have the same problem, either try other less powerful GPU or other higher wattage, good brand PSU.

Thank you, I removed the 2 dell RAM and was able to play for an hour and a bit without any problems if anything does happen again then I will get a better PSU but thanks once again.