[SOLVED] Black screen with sound for a few seconds, followed by full system reboot ?

zachariasdavid

Commendable
Aug 29, 2020
Hello!

I'm running:
GPU: RX 5700 XT
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x
MOB: MPG X570 Gaming Plus
PSU: Seasonic Focus Plus 750W Gold
RAM: G.Skill 16 GB 3200

I get black screens, but I can still hear the audio for a few seconds (and send audio on discord) after around 5 seconds the pc restarts.
This happens when playing some games, but not others. It happens directly when trying to load into a CS:GO map or after a few min of playing Elite: Dangerous, while some other games and applications are fine (lol, Space Engineers) and run for hours without any problems.

I do not believe it is a problem with any hardware, as in damaged PSU, etc, as I can run stress tests like Time Spy without any problems for extended periods.

When the restart has occurred my second monitor is no longer active and I have to open device manager, select the GPU, update drivers and then my second monitor will come back online.

I have tried using DDU to reinstall the latest drivers, and the drivers I had been using for the last few months. When looking at event logger nothing stands out to me other than a warning: "graphics driver amdwddmg has stopped responding and been reset"

Solution
How would that help prevent CS:GO from crashing?
Your hard drive fills with ghost files and causes you system to crash because of a storage error. I always keep around 80gb of free space on my host drive. Tempfiles, cache, etc always being created and deleted. And listen, if you wanna vote down our genuine responses go ahead, but you came here for assistance and when 2 people gave similar responses perhaps you should consider it.

EyyMunchian

Honorable
Dec 28, 2016
How would that help prevent CS:GO from crashing?
Your hard drive fills with ghost files and causes you system to crash because of a storage error. I always keep around 80gb of free space on my host drive. Tempfiles, cache, etc always being created and deleted. And listen, if you wanna vote down our genuine responses go ahead, but you came here for assistance and when 2 people gave similar responses perhaps you should consider it.

Solution