Question Black Screening Issue With 2080ti - Multiple RMAs and it Persists.

chaosclown17

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2013
Hello,

Specs:
GPU: ROG-STRIX-RTX-2080TI-O11G
PSU: ASRock Motherboard (Z390 Taichi Ultimate)
CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K (Cooler is the Noctua NH-D15)
RAM: Corsair CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 VENGEANCE RGB PRO 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2, 80+ GOLD 850W

In 2020 I purchased the parts for a new build including a ROG-STRIX-RTX-2080TI-O11G. After putting it all together the PC ran fine for about a year. Then, after leaving it idle in game one day I came back and it had crashed. Rebooted, played for about 90 minutes, same thing. Apropos of nothing, in game/under load my screen will go black and my monitor will tell me that it's not receiving a video signal. Basically, that nothing is plugged in, Despite, of course, my PC being connected and on. Sound continues playing, but the PC is unresponsive and the screen stays blank unless I restart.

Fast forward to today, after the 3 RMA attempts the issue persists and has gotten worse. Exactly the same despite (what appears to be) four different GPUs. Now, I'm lucky enough to get 20 minutes into a game before the GPU crashes. Oddly enough, I'm running an old 1050ti in between that works flawlessly. I have tried everything I know how to do. Drivers (not just Nvidia's drivers) reinstalled, BIOS updated, monitored temps, monitored voltage, scanned for viruses, reinstalled windows. Literally everything I can think of. Usually multiple times. The computer works completely fine unless I have a 2080ti in it. I'm at the end of my rope. The PSU is a bit old (got it in 2016), but it seems to be fine for everything that isn't a 2080ti, and on paper should be fine with it. Yet, I'm finding it hard to believe that ASUS has sent me three replacement GPUs that are all broken. I guess it's technically possible, but it seems unlikely.

Any help?

Edit: Also, the strain it's under doesn't seem to matter. I've tested this in everything from Oblivion, to CK2, to Warhammer 3. Crashes in every thing.

TRENDING THREADS