Black screens and random reboots while gaming?

Nov 3, 2018
CPU: AMD FX-8370
Heatsink/CPU Fan: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo
GPU: Radeon R9 390X
Mobo: Gigabyte 970A-UD3P
RAM: 2 x 4GB DDR3
Storage: 596GB SATA 7200RPM (VERY old - main storage), 232GB 850 Evo SSD (OS and a few other things)
PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower 750W Gold
Case Fans: 140mm top, 140mm rear
PC is a few years old, room tempt kept at 70 or below, regular internal cleanings.

For the past few months, I've been getting random reboots while running games that put my PC under medium to heavy load. Just yesterday, I got Warhammer: Vermintide 2 and it has now started showing an occasional black screen in the middle of gaming that lasts for 2-5 seconds and goes back to normal (everything else functions perfectly fine while black... even the game controls). Load temps are as normal: GPU 75-85 degrees and CPU 40-50 degrees. I even took my PC apart today and cleaned the heatsync + dusted the inside, but it wasn't bad to begin with. The reboot either happens within 5mins of starting a game or at random while gaming and the blackscreens happen every 15mins or so while gaming. Event log lists Kernel-Power, Event ID 41, Task Category 63 for the reboot.

Apr 23, 2018
Anyway, the event is very likely a hardware problem.
The event lists either :Overheating(not this one), unstable overclocking(reset clocks to eliminate this), PSU failing or bad RAM.
Before you try all that do this and see if it fixes your problem:
1. Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.

2. Click Advanced system settings.

3. Click the Advanced tab.

4. In the Startup and Recovery section, click Settings.

5. Click to clear the Automatically restart check box.