BlackBerry Still In the Hardware Game, Introduces Updated Passport Silver Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

panders4

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
At least Blackberry does security right. They're not looking to sell your personal information to advertisers yet.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
If BB can offer a front end shell for android apps and google play, while still maintaining all the background security of their regular OS, I can see a future for BB other than being a lucrative patent portfolio.

Pedasc

Reputable
Mar 12, 2014
I have a Z10 still through work since they insisted on only providing only Blackberry at the time. They've since loosened the rules but I see no major reason to go through the hassle of switching. It's good enough for my uses and BB10 has been able to run android apps for quite a while now and does it well enough. You can install Google Play with a little effort but Blackbery now uses Amazon to provide the storefront. I'm not sure what it does for security to install Android apps, I very quickly noticed that most Android apps want way more access to your phone than most of the native BB10 ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS