[SOLVED] Blackscreen after upgrading my CPU

Jun 3, 2020
Specs: Rx 580 4gb, 400w, ryzen 5 1400/ ryzen 5 3600

i have upgraded my cpu but when i start my pc theres only a blackscreen (all my LEDs are still working, but my mouse and keyboard arent glowing up).
Everything works perfectly fine if I put my old CPU in.
Is there something I can do or is it maybe because 400W isn't enough but the 2 CPUs have the same watt usage

Solution

i have upgraded my cpu but when i start my pc theres only a blackscreen (all my LEDs are still working, but my mouse and keyboard arent glowing up).
Is there something I can do or is it maybe because 400W isn't enough but the 2 CPUs have the same watt usage
Is your BIOS up to date? Sounds like it could be an older version of the BIOS that doesn't include support for the newer CPU.
Jun 3, 2020

Is your BIOS up to date? Sounds like it could be an older version of the BIOS that doesn't include support for the newer CPU.

Solution
Jun 3, 2020
How do I update it? And how do I get into it? (Windows 10)
What motherboard do you have? Some of the newer ones allow you to flash the bios directly, others need the update on a UBS drive or the like.

Edit:
https://www.google.com/search?safe=...hUKEwi59JKuwOXpAhXxguAKHXDFBc0Q420oBnoECAgQDw
How to tell the BIOS version on Windows 10
  1. Open Start.
  2. Search for System Information, and click the top result. ...
  3. Under the “System Summary” section, look for BIOS Version/Date, which will tell you the version number, manufacturer, and the date when it was installed.
If you go to the support page for your motherboard manufacturer, there should be a list of supported CPUs and memory along with what version of the BIOS added the support.

Jun 3, 2020
What motherboard do you have? Some of the newer ones allow you to flash the bios directly, others need the update on a UBS drive or the like.

Edit:
https://www.google.com/search?safe=...hUKEwi59JKuwOXpAhXxguAKHXDFBc0Q420oBnoECAgQDw
How to tell the BIOS version on Windows 10
  1. Open Start.
  2. Search for System Information, and click the top result. ...
  3. Under the “System Summary” section, look for BIOS Version/Date, which will tell you the version number, manufacturer, and the date when it was installed.
If you go to the support page for your motherboard manufacturer, there should be a list of supported CPUs and memory along with what version of the BIOS added the support.
ok yes thats the reason i guess, i have the version 93 and the cpu is only accepted in v94.

TRENDING THREADS