[SOLVED] Blank BSOD on a fresh Windows 10 or 11 Install

Dec 10, 2021
So I've recently had an SSD die on me, and I'm in the process of getting it replaced. During my diagnostics for that, I attempted to wipe it and reinstall windows, but I kept getting a blank blue screen, then my computer would shut off after a minute. I noticed that while the screen was blank, it would flicker for a moment when I pressed the enter, F8, and F10 buttons, and boot the BIOS if I pressed Escape. I took the faulty hard drive out to see if that was causing the issue to no avail, and most recently I tried to use the windows 11 installation media instead of the windows 10 version, and when I did that, I got an actual blue screen with an error code.

The error code was 0xc0000225, and it said that the winload.efi file was missing. All the solutions for this I found online said that I should repair using installation media, but the installation media itself is causing the issue.
I've tried different flash drives, and all are giving me the same issues. Any advice on where to start?

Specs:
OS - Windows 10 most recently
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600
GPU - Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 570 4gb
Motherboard - Gigabyte B450M DS3H
PSU - EVGA 450BR
Desktop

Solution
So I've recently had an SSD die on me, and I'm in the process of getting it replaced. During my diagnostics for that, I attempted to wipe it and reinstall windows, but I kept getting a blank blue screen, then my computer would shut off after a minute. I noticed that while the screen was blank, it would flicker for a moment when I pressed the enter, F8, and F10 buttons, and boot the BIOS if I pressed Escape. I took the faulty hard drive out to see if that was causing the issue to no avail, and most recently I tried to use the windows 11 installation media instead of the windows 10 version, and when I did that, I got an actual blue screen with an error code.

The error code was 0xc0000225, and it said that the winload.efi file was...

The error code was 0xc0000225, and it said that the winload.efi file was missing. All the solutions for this I found online said that I should repair using installation media, but the installation media itself is causing the issue.
I've tried different flash drives, and all are giving me the same issues. Any advice on where to start?

Specs:
OS - Windows 10 most recently
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600
GPU - Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 570 4gb
Motherboard - Gigabyte B450M DS3H
PSU - EVGA 450BR
Desktop
Put a copy of memtest86 on a flash stick.
Make sure it boots on the creation machine.
Unplug the disk on the problem machine.
Insert flash stick and see if it will boot.

Solution