[SOLVED] blank icons for MS Office

radwan3

Honorable
Aug 25, 2014
Hi all,

I have a problem where the icons of MS office are blank white icons. the blank icons show if save the files (say excel sheets or word documents) on desktop or inside folders ... even when I browse for them on Windows Expolrer they still show blank.

I even tried placing shortcut on the taskbar but they still show blank icons ...

I have tried CCleaner to cleanup the registry but it didnt work ... system restore cant fix it either ...

anyway to get back they colorful icons to MS office icons ?

Solution
Sounds like the associations between the office icons and their locations (stored on your PC) was messed up. Search your PC for the file "word.ico" to make sure it's still on your PC. If it is, then you just need to do a Repair Office to reassociate those icons with your Office files,

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
Sounds like the associations between the office icons and their locations (stored on your PC) was messed up. Search your PC for the file "word.ico" to make sure it's still on your PC. If it is, then you just need to do a Repair Office to reassociate those icons with your Office files,

-Wolf sends

Solution