Blank screen after sudden shutoff

alanvatrox

Honorable
Aug 27, 2017
Hello all, recently I've been seeing weird behavior from my PC.
The screen would sleep during the boot process, I couldn't go to or even see the BIOS after creating a new profile with settings both for my Win7 OS and Win10 OS.
The display would come back once I booted into the OS just fine so I shrugged it off.

Now I changed disks to Windows 7 again and tried to install dragon center from the DVD because I wanted to change the speed of the fans. But it didn't install of course, worth a try. I was watching a friend streaming and browsing when the screen froze and the sounds stopped.
The computer shutoff completely and after being off for 2 seconds, it booted again but, no display.

Now I try to boot from any drive and the OS displays no image at all either. I can hear the sounds and the delay from the classic Windows start sound to the Windows Logon sound are quite big, like 30-50 second difference.

I'm running an Intel i9-10700kf, GeForce 1060 6gb GPU, 2 T-Force 16gb RAM sticks and MSI z490 gaming Motherboard.

I tested the RAM in other slots, same thing.
The GPU in another older PC shows display, changing the slots and ports in my system did not change anything.
I tried to unplug everything, same thing.
I shorted the CMOS jumpers and the ones next to them and even removed the CMOS, no changes.
I have not disconnected anything recently other than SATA cables between the 2 drives.
The system was built by me more than 2 years ago with no issues.

Another thing I'm thinking of is that the PSU is faulty, but that would mean my PC wouldn't boot in the first place right?

Any help and suggestions are kindly appreciated

alanvatrox

Honorable
Aug 27, 2017
Problem solved I guess. I switched to a different monitor and I saw a boot screen, switched to mine again and it's working flawlessly now :D

I checked the screen connections before, I even used this same screen to test the other PC and worked fine then, switching after didn't work.

Since I don't find a way to delete the thread on mobile, I'll leave this as a conclusion.

TRENDING THREADS