Question Blank Screen with static cursor

Mar 21, 2023
Hello, Im trying to install Slackware into an SBC I recently got, its the latte panda 3 Delta. Just trying things out.
I made sure this wasn't an issue on the USB or the Installation, I tried it on my other devices and with other software, works perfectly.
Once I select to boot from the usb in the bios menu one of two things would happen, either it refreshes the menu, or it becomes a blank screen with a cursor that isn't blinking. The latter happens in most cases so I'm more focused on trying to fix that.
I've messed around with the bios settings and it mostly doesnt change anything. Also it currently only uses eMMC for storage, I don't think this is the cause but I will try with an ssd later on.

Mar 21, 2023
I have tried a few. Slacko has the same result.
Ubuntu is officially supported and it works perfectly, so I would assume i can cross out the possibility of mine being faulty.
Salix would only display the usb storage while partitioning.
Arch, has a completely different issue with itself, I manage to reach grub menu while trying Arch, but as soon as i select anything it would freeze then proceeds to crash.
I'm not sure whether its the settings or not since I've only tested a few. I'll try debian and a few others

TRENDING THREADS