Blinking blue lights

May 29, 2018
IStorage Pro 8 bay raid 5... GUI is reporting all discs as normal and the volume seems to be working ok... however when I’m copying data to the raid only 7 of the blue lights on the drive trays are blinking...drive 5 isn’t blinking... could this be as simple as a bulb in the tray not working... the drives are new Toshiba 8Tb and I’ve been running the box for over a week with no issues apart from this annoying scary thing

May 29, 2018
Thanks for getting back to me... there is no hot spare and all 8 drives were selected when I built the raid 5...& as I said it seems to be working as it should. Since I posted the original question I am in the middle of a ‘volume check’ which is 75% completed with about 12hrs left to run. And all 8 bays seem to be responding to this. I am in a couple of weeks of down time in our editing facility so I am taking to opportunity to upgrade our main editing raid taking advantage of the new high capacity HDD’s to give us more felexability... but with 64TB raid 5 of course comes a long wait for rebuild or volume check... anyway generally happy to have several large projects online at the same time... see how it goes