[SOLVED] Blinking underscore. And start up menu doesnt work

Ogis

Prominent
Feb 22, 2019
I wanted to start the pc... And. Then There was blinking underscore on the top left corner... I tried go into the startup menu by pressing esc.. But suddenly.. Then after i pressed any button on kboard.. I hear small beep in pc... And nothing.. Its just strange.. Any help?

Solution
OEM - Original Equipment Manufacturer

A manufacturer that resells another company's product under their own name and branding. Acer, Dell, HP, ..., etc. are OEMs because they assemble their systems using other manufacturers components under their own brand name.

The GeForce GTX 745 wasn't a retail market card. It was made specifically for OEM companies like Acer, Dell, HP, ..., etc. There is no guaranteed compatibility with any other system other than the system in which the card was originally sold with. It seems that there is something missing in that OEM graphics card's VBIOS that makes it incompatible with your motherboard.

The GeForce GT 220 and the GeForce GT 1030 were available on the retail market where...

Ogis

Prominent
Feb 22, 2019
I wanted to start the pc... And. Then There was blinking underscore on the top left corner... I tried go into the startup menu by pressing esc.. But suddenly.. Then after i pressed any button on kboard.. I hear small beep in pc... And nothing.. Its just strange.. Any help?
That means that OS is screwed up. That could mean many things including bad HDD. Which OS ?
Win 10

Ogis

Prominent
Feb 22, 2019
Restart pc and keep tapping the delete button see if you can get into bios. If you can, go to exit and click on load optimized settings and exit. See if it will post up then.
That Is the thing...i cant get into BIOS... When i tap delete
. Or other buttons it just beeps when i Press it... If i will Press it 3 Times.. It will make sound 3 Times... I just cant get into BIOS.

Ogis

Prominent
Feb 22, 2019
What other GPU? I don't see any of your system specifications in your post.
I have two gpus... GT 220..and Gtx 745... The flashing underscore is on Gtx 745.. Gt 220 works Fine..
QUOTE="ko888, post: 20918559, member: 216844"]
What other GPU? I don't see any of your system specifications in your post.
[/QUOTE]
I

Ogis

Prominent
Feb 22, 2019
The GeForce GTX 745 is an OEM card. What are the specifications of the system that you are trying to use the card in?
CPU: Intel Pentium G630
PSU: 300W
Bios: 7.13
MoBo: Foxconn 2ABF..
Windows 10
...And im not expert with computers..can you please explain me what it means oem?

Ogis

Prominent
Feb 22, 2019
CPU: Intel Pentium G630
PSU: 300W
Bios: 7.13
MoBo: Foxconn 2ABF..
Windows 10
...And im not expert with computers..can you please explain me what it means oem?
Hmm...But i actually dont think that's the problem the "oem"....I think it is something other....I tried GT 1030..there didnt worked for me monitor...keeps saying No signal...So we switched GPUs with brother...he had GTX 745..so i got it...now this problem....I tried reseating the ram and GPU...Nope..It is weird...The GT 1030 worked fine, until i shut down it...But the GTX 745 should work by me.......So.. i would like to run GTX 745..here on this HP Pro 3400 MT..It's really old...and has only 1 pci slot for GPU....i don't know why im typing this all..but i guess it will be important i guess? :3

OEM - Original Equipment Manufacturer

A manufacturer that resells another company's product under their own name and branding. Acer, Dell, HP, ..., etc. are OEMs because they assemble their systems using other manufacturers components under their own brand name.

The GeForce GTX 745 wasn't a retail market card. It was made specifically for OEM companies like Acer, Dell, HP, ..., etc. There is no guaranteed compatibility with any other system other than the system in which the card was originally sold with. It seems that there is something missing in that OEM graphics card's VBIOS that makes it incompatible with your motherboard.

The GeForce GT 220 and the GeForce GT 1030 were available on the retail market where compatibility with most systems is a must.

Last edited:
Solution