Blizzard Admits to Diablo 3 End-Game Flaw

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

junixophobia

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2011
[citation][nom]cknobman[/nom]I am in the same boat as you so as it stands I dont see any "end game" problem now and doubtfully will in the next 6 months.[/citation]

said by a newbee, geezzz

G

Hello?? Does no one remember D2?...this is exactly how it was. People just want more now days than when D2 was out I suppose. Not sure where Blizzard is going to get motivated to make a lot of new content real fast either imo.

EVILNOD

Distinguished
May 1, 2008
why people keep saying bliz make diablo3 for 11 years?? its more like bliz "wait" 11 years then make this game under 6 months.

my biggest problem is their crafting system..
in diablo2 if you dont have any good drop early in the game, no problem.. put a blue gem (freeze) and few life leech gem on waepon.. boom you got semi nice waepon for next few level. remember all those basic low level rune and rune word?? d2 is not all about gear drop, little thing like rune and gem make game so much enjoyable.
instead, in d3 you got no rune (those rune power are you spec, they just switch the name) they cut down the gem to 4.. (gotta luve skull + blue gem in d2 with frozen arrow) all you got look forward to is loot drop (which very low atm).i used to luve using those set gear in d2 for alt chr, no such thing in d3. by the time you can use those set gear you already get much better blue, which make most item useless.

this is what rush job + auction house give you. i remember i spend million gold in d2 just hope to get lucky roll, you dont need to in d3 anymore. all you need just go auction house.

gfx aside, d2 is much better game over all compare to d3. the fact i play d2 again after finish 2 weeks of d3 tell it all!

lets face it, the old bliz we luve so much are loooooong gone.

If they didn't want the end game to be achievable so soon, they shouldn't have added a RMAH, and cracked down on the gold selling. If all you have to do is buy it with real money, it's easy to gear up.

Luckily for them, I refuse to take part of paying money for gear, so I can just barely beat Diablo on inferno, and still pretty weak against a lot of different combinations of mobs.

zyzz

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012
Probably the WORST release by Blizzard. The game is worth $15 TOPS.

Diablo 2 was a hundred times better. From gearing up for magic finding, to dungeon runs with friends, to owning people in Blood Moore, to the soundtrack, freedom with way points, and more.

D3 CRAP.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]zyzz[/nom]Probably the WORST release by Blizzard. The game is worth $15 TOPS.Diablo 2 was a hundred times better. From gearing up for magic finding, to dungeon runs with friends, to owning people in Blood Moore, to the soundtrack, freedom with way points, and more.D3 CRAP.[/citation]

no, its worth 20-30$, this style of game is no longer a AAA game, and considering most games like it are now budget titles, and blizzard failed to make the game any better than titan quest, you probably see where this is going, dont you?

brotha1

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2011
The problem isnt the item hunt.

Its that when you reach level 60, there is nothing to do.

Diablo 3 has 2 levels. Level 1, and level 60. Anything in between does not matter.

let people gain xp toward a almost impossible level 99, and they will item hunt all day. Give them no xp and no goal, then item hunting becomes pointless.

No almost unreachable level 99 as in Diablo 2 makes the game boring.

What other feeling could you have when you reach 60? Excitement?

you've got to be kidding me.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]brotha1[/nom]The problem isnt the item hunt.Its that when you reach level 60, there is nothing to do.Diablo 3 has 2 levels. Level 1, and level 60. Anything in between does not matter.let people gain xp toward a almost impossible level 99, and they will item hunt all day. Give them no xp and no goal, then item hunting becomes pointless.No almost unreachable level 99 as in Diablo 2 makes the game boring.What other feeling could you have when you reach 60? Excitement?you've got to be kidding me.[/citation]

i hated that impossibly high level curve in diablo 1 so very much,

the game shouldn't take months to get to the end level, but it shouldn't be easy either.

here... give people a relitivly easy way to get to level 99, not insane grinding, but easy, and afterwards, let them do something else with exp, dont make xp pointless, hell, give items exp, and let items level up, or give us skills that level up with more use, or killing blows.

there, i just added about 5 months of gameplay minimum to diablo with only 5 minutes of thinking.

G

This isn't an MMORPG. The game actually ending is fine.

To me Diablo 3 was quite the mediocre and dull product. Not even comparable to D2 or LoD

They key was to sell as many copies and sell as many items via the irl cash auction so Blizzard make a buck.

The_Trutherizer

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
[citation][nom]zak_mckraken[/nom]Exactly. I don't see anyone complaining that they don't have anything new to do in Limbo after finishing the game, or in Half-Life, etc. I believe in games replayability, but there are limits to that.I ain't saying Diablo 3 is a great game though, just saying the "end game" is not one of it's flaws.[/citation]

The end game in D1 and D2 was a craving to go through the whole process with the other classes and sometimes the same class, because those instalments were just that great. And afterwards you could still brag for ages about the loot you found. D3 is not like this - It's like MSPaint for Character Creation - Except you have to farm the colours per pixel -_-

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]Bastor[/nom]This isn't an MMORPG. The game actually ending is fine.To me Diablo 3 was quite the mediocre and dull product. Not even comparable to D2 or LoDThey key was to sell as many copies and sell as many items via the irl cash auction so Blizzard make a buck.[/citation]
sell as many diablos, yea, sell as much through rmah, not so much, that was blizzard giving up on even trying to police real world auctions, because you know they happen, and people will do them regardless of int he rules or not, so to make it safer, they made their own version.

f-14

Distinguished
having played all the other diablos and getting D3 free as a gift i got bored with it before i even killed diablo on easy ...erm normal mode. killing diablo on easy mode took less than a few minutes. i'd like to thank the auction house for that when killing the bosses and not dying was just like taking down all the other npcs it got old so fast that nightmare mode was just a nuisance, not even a speed bump as it went even faster, again i thank the auction house.
i wanted to start out on the most difficult mode right off the bat to avoid this issue as i do with all my games.
instead it felt like i was playing medal of honor on playstation as compared to the pc version on the hardest mode.
it was so easy a 4 & 6 year old could play normal mode and do really well.

junixophobia

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2011
is it just me or diablo 3 is down since yesterday 10 july 2012. before that it crashed due to chat related thing i think and

stupid game would say game is fully updated then after you try to login it would say it needs to update and then restart to update and then you would get the error "game is already running" and would close.... and now you cant play hahaha what the fuck!

what a lousy developer they have there. i bet management is more lousy than that!

To that I say, 'Pffft.' I'm still working on Act II with my first character. By the time I complete everything, Diablo 4 will be almost ready to ship.

You obviously dont know what time gap there is from diablo 2 and diablo 3, or you play 5 minutes a day.
I dont know about diablo 3, i only watched about 3 minutes of a stream and i knew i did not want it. Still playing diablo 2 thou, trying to make a kick ass right now. This will be my 37th char :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.