Blizzard Announces Changes To 'Overwatch' Reporting System

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinaptic

Prominent
Mar 2, 2017
This is great first step. Depending on where this goes, and if it actually makes a difference, I may actually have to try this game.

Toxic communities are why I don’t play anything anymore where you’re dependent on online randoms for the opposition and/or teammates. I have better things to do than get verbally abused by some kid with too much free time whose entire picture of self worth is based upon being a “pro” at a video game.

theyeti87

Honorable

Toxic community is exactly the reason I left League of Legends. I've been playing Overwatch since it came out, and from my personal experience the toxicity in Overwatch is far less than LoL.

Happy to read about the reporting system changes. I don't frequent the report tool, but I certainly call a spade a spade.

Brian_227

Prominent
Apr 10, 2017
I also am very sensitive and bad at video games, and I openly weep when competent people try to tell me what to do. This new system sounds perfect for me.

number1guy

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010

Overwatch has a good community already. The "toxic" behavior is almost non-existent.

LoL is another story. LoL has the worst, most vile and toxic community in all of gaming. Yes, even worse than CoD.

I always wonder why people believe "toxic" communities are something strange. In real life there are plenty of assholes and you have to learn to deal with that fact.

Sure, Blizzard can set penalties for very bad offences, but I am a bit worried about those who will get caught in the crossfire.
That usually is the largest percentage of the playerbase (the ones who make a few mistakes, but overall make the community great).

Btw, I hope I am wrong and this is a great move, even thou I dont play Overwatch.
I play games for over 20 years now and online communities are a mixed bag, you just learn to ignore the annoying ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.