Blizzard Announces WoW: Mists of Pandaria Launch Events

Status
Not open for further replies.

schnitter

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
So Toms, how much did Blizz+Activision pay you to type this out? I bet a fraction of how much they will pay IGN and GameSpot to give them a 9 or higher rating just like they did to Diablo III and the game still sucks.

zeratul600

Honorable
Mar 11, 2012
just because you dont like the game doesnt mean that the game sucks... how many other games have a 8 -10 million people paying 15 bucks per month??? i personally beleive that borderlands its the best game ever! and im pretty sure that a lot of people hate it! for me the game doesn't suck!

Pennanen

Honorable
May 29, 2012
[citation][nom]zeratul600[/nom]just because you dont like the game doesnt mean that the game sucks... how many other games have a 8 -10 million people paying 15 bucks per month??? i personally beleive that borderlands its the best game ever! and im pretty sure that a lot of people hate it! for me the game doesn't suck![/citation]
Million flies cant be wrong about shit being tasty. Right?

shahrooz

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2009
[citation][nom]Pennanen[/nom]Million flies cant be wrong about shit being tasty. Right?[/citation]
lol I bet if you were a fly shit was tasty how do you even compare using this logic...

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
[citation][nom]zeratul600[/nom]just because you dont like the game doesnt mean that the game sucks... how many other games have a 8 -10 million people paying 15 bucks per month??? i personally beleive that borderlands its the best game ever! and im pretty sure that a lot of people hate it! for me the game doesn't suck![/citation]

Never apply numeric majority to justify what is right. That is extremely dangerous thinking that had lead to countless acts in history that lead to terrible things. While it is harmless to apply it to a video-game you still have shown that you are subject to use this flawed logical conclusion. It would be best if you cease practice of this.

You are free to feel however you like about World of Warcraft but do so because of your own reasons. Tell us why you like the game, and share a meaningful personal opinion.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
[citation][nom]schnitter[/nom]So Toms, how much did Blizz+Activision pay you to type this out? I bet a fraction of how much they will pay IGN and GameSpot to give them a 9 or higher rating just like they did to Diablo III and the game still sucks.[/citation]

Considering how much negative articles that Tom's have written about Diablo 3 (and rightfully so for the most part) i expect zero.

giovanni86

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
Got my CE paid off, debating if i want be at Irvine for it or just pick it up at gamestop mmm 5 minute drive, 30 minute drive mmmmm. Looking forward to this although i should be in game already, Armored kill for BF3 has me really pumped up delaying my re-entry into WoW.

rebel1280

Distinguished
May 7, 2011
[citation][nom]NuclearShadow[/nom]Never apply numeric majority to justify what is right. That is extremely dangerous thinking that had lead to countless acts in history that lead to terrible things. While it is harmless to apply it to a video-game you still have shown that you are subject to use this flawed logical conclusion. It would be best if you cease practice of this.You are free to feel however you like about World of Warcraft but do so because of your own reasons. Tell us why you like the game, and share a meaningful personal opinion.[/citation]
Dude... what you said + your name = Epic (and true honestly)

MasterMace

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2010
Game is going to be the same crap recycled.

-3 Major Patches until the next Expansion.
-"Balance at (Current Max Level) is not Balance at (New Max Level)."
-"First content is supposed to be easy, it's entry level."
-"Damage isn't too high, just look at the boss fights"

*First patch*
-"We need to nerf these pve abilities to balance pvp"
-"The amount of online guides makes our content cleared faster than we expected"
-"What do you care about how much easier it is to get the older items, you're passed it!"

*Second Patch*
-"We need to buff the abilities we just nerfed because we went too far"
-"We're going to buff resilience to make pvp fights last longer"
-"Avoidance is not too high, it'll be fine"

*Third Patch*
-"We're putting a zone wide debuff to lower avoidance to make healing less boring"
-"We're putting in a debuff in pvp to lower healing"
-"subscriptions are naturally lower later into an expansion because people are waiting for the next one!"

[End with 40% less population]

aracheb

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
[citation][nom]spartanmk2[/nom]Waiting a month or so after launch to see what folks think of it. $40 bucks for another Cataclysm = no thanks[/citation]
i got it for 20 or less.. if i don't remember and got cheaper when i called to cancel the order..

Abion47

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2012
[citation][nom]NuclearShadow[/nom]Never apply numeric majority to justify what is right. That is extremely dangerous thinking that had lead to countless acts in history that lead to terrible things. While it is harmless to apply it to a video-game you still have shown that you are subject to use this flawed logical conclusion. It would be best if you cease practice of this.You are free to feel however you like about World of Warcraft but do so because of your own reasons. Tell us why you like the game, and share a meaningful personal opinion.[/citation]

Here's my meaningful opinion. World of Warcraft is one of the worst games to come out in recent history.The game mechanics are all grind-grind-grind, the story quests are few and far between, and the reasoning behind doing anything is circular. I once asked a friend why he went on the same raids week after week, and he told me, "So I can get awesome gear." I then asked him why he needed the awesome gear, and he said, "So I can go on more raids." What kind of logic is that?

I've been told that all of the best parts of the game are in the end game at the latest expansion. That is the stupidest model for a game I have ever seen. Basically it says that in order to get the most out of the game, not only do you need to buy the game with all of its expansions (over $100 in total at retail), but you need to get to whatever level cap (I'm assuming it will be 90 in MoP), which based on a couple Google searches takes a bare mimimum of two weeks. I don't care how good the end game of World of Warcraft is. I am not spending $100+ and two weeks just so I can get to "the good parts". If a game isn't engaging within the first couple of hours, then it is a game that was poorly designed.

Frankly, there are only two things that keep WoW open. First is the world, which is both huge and recognizable to people who have played the other Warcraft games. Second is the social aspect of MMOs in general - I guarantee you that if WoW didn't have guilds or clans or ways to play with friends, it would've burned out long ago.

That said, I still expect this new expansion to fly off the shelves like MW3, because gamers don't care about their own opinions when there's a shiny new game with flashy cinematics that has been hyped like a boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.