Blizzard Boasts Diablo 3 is Fastest Selling PC Game Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

DroKing

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
I still think you are a garbage company Blizzard. DRM = TRASH. Have a good day. I hope you choke on your fame someday because It was Blizzard North's FAME not your! Bunch of thieves.

boyabunda

Honorable
May 22, 2012
*6,300,000 x $60 = $378,000,000

Dear Activision Blizzard, Inc.,

Since you are now $378 million richer, can you please give us an 'offline play' option for your game?
Thanks in advance!

Sad part is with all those sales they still couldn't spend a bit of money and have enough servers ready to let people connect and play instead of getting timed out trying to connect !!

[citation][nom]DroKing[/nom]I still think you are a garbage company Blizzard. DRM = TRASH. Have a good day. I hope you choke on your fame someday because It was Blizzard North's FAME not your! Bunch of thieves.[/citation]

If you prefer Blizzard North then you can still play a great game by the same guys. Torchlight. It was developed by the same guys that did Diblo 1 and 2. Plus pre-purchase Torchlight 2 on Steam and you get Torchlight 1 for free. Its a win win.

That said, Blizzard is still a good PC company. And unlike some other companies whom I shall not name but everyone knows, they have yet to turn their backs to PC gamers and at least produced a very good game.

It could have very well been worse. They could have gone the way of consoles with D3 then ported it half arsed to PC.

smuggl3r

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2011
If always online DRM is the price to pay for saving PC gaming, then I will pay it. I dont get it what is the big problem with it. I dont know anyone who has a gaming PC but does not have broadband.

azgard

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2002
[citation][nom]smuggl3r[/nom]If always online DRM is the price to pay for saving PC gaming, then I will pay it. I dont get it what is the big problem with it. I dont know anyone who has a gaming PC but does not have broadband.[/citation]

I don't, 320k dsl. I can't stream anything faster then almost any youtube video over 360 and bandwidth intensive games get severely choked up on my internet connection, I had to quit playing WoW when raid traffic exceeded the capacity of my connection and constantly forced the blizzard server's to DC me. Oh and my connection is not 'always on either' my connection can drop for hours at a time blocking me access to crappy online authentication DRM.

leongrado

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2010
"User reviews have been less than stellar, with a current average score of only 4.1 out of 10."

"We're pleased that Diablo 3 has lived up to players' high expectations, and we're looking forward to welcoming more players into Sanctuary in the days ahead."

Yep......

G

Stop complaining about the DRM they told everyone and it says on the Product only Playable online if you don't like it don't buy it simple as that.

DroKing

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
[citation][nom]jimmysmitty[/nom]If you prefer Blizzard North then you can still play a great game by the same guys. Torchlight. It was developed by the same guys that did Diblo 1 and 2. Plus pre-purchase Torchlight 2 on Steam and you get Torchlight 1 for free. Its a win win.That said, Blizzard is still a good PC company. And unlike some other companies whom I shall not name but everyone knows, they have yet to turn their backs to PC gamers and at least produced a very good game.It could have very well been worse. They could have gone the way of consoles with D3 then ported it half arsed to PC.[/citation]

I know about Torchlight 2 man. I am just pointing out that Blizzard is only "famous" because of what Blizzard North did! Blizzard is obviously stealing the credits exactly what the Activision's motto is.

funguseater

Distinguished
Someone needs to reconcile the difference between users rating at 4.5/10 and critics rating it at 8.9/10 this seems like someone has been bought and paid. The graphics are not up to 2012 standards and cannot be modded for improvements. I see another SHADOWRUN (remember that 2007 online game) in the future, Microsoft shut down those servers after only ONE year.

Alot of people in my rural area do not have broadband internet and rely on dial-up (yeah 56k) or usb sticks for internet, hopefully Mooege gets the job done.

balister

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2006
Metacritic is a waste of time to look at for actual user reviews. Just take a look over the last few years and you'll see how poorly some of the best games have been rated. Metacritic doesn't have a good way to deal with people purposefully giving low scores to take down a game's ranking.

I would also say that Blizzard cannot count the annual pass players as truly a sale as it was part of a package to subscribe to WoW for a year. While it's a license key, it wasn't a true sale as it was tied with another product.

Overall, D3 has brought back some of the magic that was D1 (the fast paced play) that was lacking in D2.

Kamab

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2010
They are losing goodwill. Chances are D3 will be the last game I buy from Activision/Blizzard. Just hit 60 / beat act 3 hell and overall I expected something more.

G

[citation][nom]DroKing[/nom]I still think you are a garbage company Blizzard. DRM = TRASH. Have a good day. I hope you choke on your fame someday because It was Blizzard North's FAME not your! Bunch of thieves.[/citation]
Yeah, let's ignore Starcraft 1, 2, Diablo 1, 2, Warcraft 1, 2, 3 and WoW, Blizzard really IS garbage company. ^^

DroKing

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
[citation][nom]balister[/nom]Metacritic is a waste of time to look at for actual user reviews. Just take a look over the last few years and you'll see how poorly some of the best games have been rated. Metacritic doesn't have a good way to deal with people purposefully giving low scores to take down a game's ranking.I would also say that Blizzard cannot count the annual pass players as truly a sale as it was part of a package to subscribe to WoW for a year. While it's a license key, it wasn't a true sale as it was tied with another product.Overall, D3 has brought back some of the magic that was D1 (the fast paced play) that was lacking in D2.[/citation]

Lol D1 was fast paced? You are clearly clueless. D2 was a faster paced game than D1.

nekromobo

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2008
In other news, Diablo 3 becomes the most Fastest boring PC Game Ever.

Kinda disappointed it only lasted for a week, not going back anymore.

Zuesacoatl

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2008
[citation][nom]smuggl3r[/nom]If always online DRM is the price to pay for saving PC gaming, then I will pay it. I dont get it what is the big problem with it. I dont know anyone who has a gaming PC but does not have broadband.[/citation]
Agreed, the problem is, the majority of the people who complain about the DRM are those that do not want to pay for the game and pirate it. Not all of them, but a good majority of complainers are this way. The ones you know who pirate and are angry at DRM like always online will be the ones that rant, rave, and just utterly rage against this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.