Blizzard Confirms Titan MMOG

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

robisinho

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2010
given how long blizzard is in releasing a title after they first mention it (its been what, 7 years for diablo 3 so far?), I would be amazed if they can get Titan out in 2013. Especially when you consider that supposedly this detail was accidental and an actual leak.

My money is on 2015 for titan

speedemon

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2006
[citation][nom]robertking82881[/nom]i hope thats not a rummer your trying make proxy711 . lol i hate fps cause aim cheats[/citation]

I hate noobs like you calling us good players "aim cheats"

reggieray

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2010
2013 for SC2, well then I guess I will buy the game in 2013 after I can buy the whole thing at once instead of $200 with tax the way it is now.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
Diablo 3 in Q4... sucks to know we still have quite a wait but I'm sure it will be well worth it. However what disturbs me is the fact that expansion packs already have expected release dates. While expansions are to be expected they obviously know what the core game lacks already and
can be improved upon if they are already thinking expansions before the core game is even finished. That just seems shadey to me.

djab

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2009
[citation][nom]kriminal[/nom]an MMO starcraft is not awesome at all... keep SC an rts..WC4[/citation]

So true.
I first loved WoW.
But know I hate to be obliged to pay a subscription and to spend days and nights doing stupid grind to be able to see the story of Warcraft unfold.
Give us Warcraft 4.

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
[citation][nom]cpburns[/nom]Why must the new MMO be StarCraft related? Why not give Blizzard creative liberty to come up with something new?[/citation]

This, especially since SC and WoW were a rehash of what the Warhammer universe already created. Also, these release dates appear to be rather accurate, from a total guess point of view. But of course the projects could vary a couple quarters, but even then I'm happy D3 will be relatively close to a year away. (I still think they should have postponed the D3 announcement to Blizzcon 08').

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]notrace[/nom]Are you fucking kidding me, a Starcraft MMO would completely ruin the genre (aka Where the hell is WC4). Stop being retarded and don't ruin of one of the only good RTS's on the market scrubs.[/citation]
I have to agree. I'd love to try out an MMOFPS, but don't ruin StarCraft by turning it into something its not. Sure, if they could keep making RTS while making the MMO, that would be great, but if we look at what happened to Warcraft (WC4??), I'd rather they didn't.

thorkle

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
[citation][nom]Pyroflea[/nom]I think an MMOFPS would probably be awful. I don't know how that would even work.[/citation]
Borderlands mmo? I think it would work out just fine so long as they do it party style with a main town. I'm not so sure how it would work open world style though.

G

Oh ya, they come out with Starcraft 2, but where the hell is warcraft 3?

thols

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2011
From the information I've seen it looks like titan has been in developement since 2007. If that's the case then I would think they are further along than they are letting on and maybe this thing will hit store shelves sooner than we think.

Over at www.titanwatch.net they said it will be the next major release after Diablo 3 and that a good portion of the WOW team has already been moved over to work on Titan. I hope they're right.

G

There is a good blog post on this website about the product slate. The guy goes into pretty good detail about everything

http://titanbuzz.com/project-titan-launch-and-leak-accuracy/

Status
Not open for further replies.