Blizzard Eases Up On Diablo 3 Digital Restrictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

geof2001

Distinguished
May 23, 2008
And why would blizzard object to this if that were really the intention of the crooks?

"keep crooks from making the Real Money Auction House financially stable"

*sigh*

Now they just need to remove the always online to restriction in the next patch. For single player or LAN parties they need to allow completely offline gaming. Then I'll buy a copy. Just make it so you can't use your players from single/LAN gaming in the online environment or auction house.

DroKing

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
[citation][nom]velocityg4[/nom]Now they just need to remove the always online to restriction in the next patch. For single player or LAN parties they need to allow completely offline gaming. Then I'll buy a copy. Just make it so you can't use your players from single/LAN gaming in the online environment or auction house.[/citation]

Diablo 2 had this. So Diablo 2 is a much much more future proof game (if you ignore the graphics and focus on features aspect) than Diablo 3 is. Its absurd i tell you!

lpedraja2002

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
[citation][nom]velocityg4[/nom]Now they just need to remove the always online to restriction in the next patch. For single player or LAN parties they need to allow completely offline gaming. Then I'll buy a copy. Just make it so you can't use your players from single/LAN gaming in the online environment or auction house.[/citation]

I too would buy the game if they made these changes.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
[citation][nom]sharpiedpanda[/nom]Always buy the box for games that matter?[/citation]

Given the always online restriction to play I'm not sure having the physical copy matters too much after this change in policy. Don't get me wrong though I have no support for them restricting and effecting people who go with the digital format. They are the one's who made the real money auction house and reasons for people to try to commit fraud for quick profits, so they are the ones who should deal with the issue not the gamers.

It will never happen though. Because people bought it in such mass it goes to show you that most gamers will cave in and buy the games despite it's limits and restrictions regardless. If Diablo 3 flopped in sales you could have expected this to be patched in within a matter of a month in a desperate attempt for people to buy it. Now we can expect this to happen with other games too and do expect the real money auction house to start appearing in many future titles as well.

sweetleader

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
Can we stop with the useless Diablo news. If people want news on a crappy video game, or any video game then they need to go to a video game website. This is a tech website.

leongrado

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2010
Yes.... We don't need a Diablo III update every freakin day. I don't know if Blizzard is paying you to write these articles but frankly most of us don't care.

kyuuketsuki

Distinguished
May 17, 2011
If you don't care about it, then don't read the article. What the hell? Is having a small line of text with a headline about Diablo in the article listing really bothering you that much?

spookyman

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2011
I wish they removed the always online for Star Craft II. It killed the game requiring an internet connection.

The reason StarCraft is still being played today is due the LAN party concept.

But Activision\Blizzard or who ever forgot this concept. Diablo III will die out because of the always online and no lan party feature.

sweetleader

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
[citation][nom]Kyuuketsuki[/nom]If you don't care about it, then don't read the article. What the hell? Is having a small line of text with a headline about Diablo in the article listing really bothering you that much?[/citation]

Yup.

G

Why do you feel it necessary to do an article on every diablo 3 patch? Leave the patches to their web site, its getting old.

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
[citation][nom]Kyuuketsuki[/nom]If you don't care about it, then don't read the article. What the hell? Is having a small line of text with a headline about Diablo in the article listing really bothering you that much?[/citation]
Because it is about more than one game and one company. You have to stop this kind of thing before it becomes an industry standard. See, it's all about being able to think beyond the next 5 minutes.

Burodsx

Distinguished
May 31, 2009
[citation][nom]cscott_it[/nom]And all it took was a lawsuit from France and Germany, South Korea demanding that they refund customers, etc.[/citation]

Wish we could get a refund in the US...

youssef 2010

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2009
[citation][nom]geof2001[/nom]And why would blizzard object to this if that were really the intention of the crooks?"keep crooks from making the Real Money Auction House financially stable"*sigh*[/citation]

They mean financially UNstable. But spelling mistakes have become TH's habit lately. Almost all articles contain spelling mistakes. This is sad as this site used to contain no spelling mistakes at all. They must rely on office spelling and grammar check so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.