Blizzard: More "Broad Appeal" In Next MMOG

Status
Not open for further replies.

airborne11b

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2008
Blizzard sucks at MMO's imo. They make them so basic and low-end so that they appeal to large groups of people (Anyone with a crappy PC and almost no PC gaming experience can jump right into WoW... which is good and bad) Good because it gets lots of subscribers, and lots of families - husband, wife, small children, teens, the whole family can jump right in and go questing together. Bad for PC gaming enthusiasts who want cutting edge games that require a top of the line PC and are hard to master. I guess weither or not blizzard MMOG's are for you depend on what side of the fence you sit on. Personally, I didn't spend 2000 bucks on an i7, SLI rig, 1920x1080 monitor rig with G19 keyboard so I can play low-end games like WoW and diablo.

Montezuma

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2008
[citation][nom]Airborne11b[/nom]Blizzard sucks at MMO's imo. They make them so basic and low-end so that they appeal to large groups of people (Anyone with a crappy PC and almost no PC gaming experience can jump right into WoW... which is good and bad) Good because it gets lots of subscribers, and lots of families - husband, wife, small children, teens, the whole family can jump right in and go questing together. Bad for PC gaming enthusiasts who want cutting edge games that require a top of the line PC and are hard to master. I guess weither or not blizzard MMOG's are for you depend on what side of the fence you sit on. Personally, I didn't spend 2000 bucks on an i7, SLI rig, 1920x1080 monitor rig with G19 keyboard so I can play low-end games like WoW and diablo.[/citation]

Have you played WotLK? Yeah, it does not require the top most machines available today, but just "any machine" will not properly run the newest expansion. Blizzard made WoW to run as it does so that they are able to get as many customers as possible; this is only smart business, which I doubt you would know anything about.

As far as game difficultly, you are also showing your lack of knowledge. Yes, anyone can come in and play the game. This is exactly what most games should be. A game should be fun, not some ridiculous piece of shit that some MMOs have become. Even though World of Warcraft is easy to start, it is not the easiest to master. There are people, like myself, that have played since the game was in its initial beta, but we do not understand every aspect of the game.

Quit acting like some elitist, thinking you are the cream of the crop. If you tried to play with experienced WoW players, you would get your ass handed to you.

I do not understand the hate that is targeted at Blizzard. It seems that a lot of people around here hate successful companies. I guess some of you are big Nader fans.

Leandri

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
[citation][nom]Airborne11b[/nom]Personally, I didn't spend 2000 bucks on an i7, SLI rig, 1920x1080 monitor rig with G19 keyboard so I can play low-end games like WoW and diablo.[/citation]

Considering most people don't own an SLI/Crossfire rig, or even a DX10 or higher graphics card, it's safe to say Blizzard was taking the safe route by making their game low spec. Blizzard also recently introduced a High spec graphics setting into the game for people who have fast rigs.

While some people argue a brain-dead monkey pounding on the keyboard could run the endgame content or pvp in WoW (me included sometimes), there is some difficulty in it. Or rather, it's as difficult as you want to make it. Yes, I'm also aware of the mindless grinding.

Blessedman

Distinguished
May 29, 2001
I am curious about the writers opinion that it may be a free MMORPG. Especially if they top WoW in player participation. I must agree with some posters here though that WoW lost it's luster due to watering down the content. Sunwell was the best content in the game because of it's difficulty.

Montezuma

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2008
[citation][nom]rcpratt[/nom]Great, an even more casual game.[/citation]

How about waiting until the information on the game is released before you bitch about it.

rcpratt

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
[citation][nom]montezuma[/nom]How about waiting until the information on the game is released before you bitch about it.[/citation]
It's a simple conclusion to draw from that comment. How about no.

sceen311

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008
[citation][nom]montezuma[/nom]Quit acting like some elitist, thinking you are the cream of the crop. If you tried to play with experienced WoW players, you would get your ass handed to you.[/citation]

Werd

rdawise

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
[citation][nom]montezuma[/nom]It seems that a lot of people around here hate successful companies. I guess some of you are big Nader fans.[/citation]

Everyone hates the "popular" choice. It makes them feel rebellious or elists. Mac bases their whole advertising scheme on this (Disclaimer: I am not trying to start a MAC vs. PC flame war, but Mac wants you to feel "cool" because you have a Mac). It's the American way...

G

The next Blizzrd MMO is..... Evony II!

Or it probably will be just like it, with them ramping up the hype machine. Every googlead will pimp it...

dxwarlock

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2008
[citation][nom]montezuma[/nom]Have you played WotLK? Yeah, it does not require the top most machines available today, but just "any machine" will not properly run the newest expansion. Blizzard made WoW to run as it does so that they are able to get as many customers as possible; this is only smart business, which I doubt you would know anything about.As far as game difficultly, you are also showing your lack of knowledge. Yes, anyone can come in and play the game. This is exactly what most games should be. A game should be fun, not some ridiculous piece of shit that some MMOs have become. Even though World of Warcraft is easy to start, it is not the easiest to master. There are people, like myself, that have played since the game was in its initial beta, but we do not understand every aspect of the game.Quit acting like some elitist, thinking you are the cream of the crop. If you tried to play with experienced WoW players, you would get your ass handed to you.I do not understand the hate that is targeted at Blizzard. It seems that a lot of people around here hate successful companies. I guess some of you are big Nader fans.[/citation]

whats worse than a WoW basher? WoW fanboy
hello pot, this is kettle I believe you 2 should talk, you have much in common.

there is no argument...wow IS the "fisher prices my First MMO".
Ive been around a while, played WAR, LOTRO, EVE, GW, CoV
TR, VG, FFXI, UO, EQ, EQ2, AC, AC2, L2, AO
WoW, HG, DDO, AoC, NC, SWG, MxO, TcoS

and wow DOES have the depth of a paper plate.

and the argument "There are people, like myself, that have played since the game was in its initial beta, but we do not understand every aspect of the game." in no way indicated a indepth game.

thats like saying playing fetch with your dog in an indepth game because you don't understand ever aspect of how the velocity, gravity, and bounce speed effects the balls travel path. Anyone with any MMO experience can pick up 95% of wows mechanics in a month tops. the other 5% is the "gear tweaking" for PvP or raiding.....very deep indeed.

graill

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2009
[citation][nom]montezuma[/nom]Have you played WotLK? Yeah, it does not require the top most machines available today, but just "any machine" will not properly run the newest expansion. Blizzard made WoW to run as it does so that they are able to get as many customers as possible; this is only smart business, which I doubt you would know anything about.As far as game difficultly, you are also showing your lack of knowledge. Yes, anyone can come in and play the game. This is exactly what most games should be. A game should be fun, not some ridiculous piece of shit that some MMOs have become. Even though World of Warcraft is easy to start, it is not the easiest to master. There are people, like myself, that have played since the game was in its initial beta, but we do not understand every aspect of the game.Quit acting like some elitist, thinking you are the cream of the crop. If you tried to play with experienced WoW players, you would get your ass handed to you.I do not understand the hate that is targeted at Blizzard. It seems that a lot of people around here hate successful companies. I guess some of you are big Nader fans.[/citation]

Wow players.....*chuckle* You must play EVE and think its great too.....

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]Airborne11b[/nom]Blizzard sucks at MMO's imo.[/citation]
So - a game is bad because it's playable on something less than a crysis geared mashine? And it runs on just any? Hmm. I did try running it on a friends 'gaming laptop', but I dare say it didn't run very fluidly. Sure I could at least do auction house stuff, but it didn't run very well. And on my old centrino notebook it runs even less good. Or did you mean to say, that the game is bad because anyone can learn to play it? That's like saying monopoly is bad because it's simple, or that soccer is a bad sport because it doesn't require rocket science to understand? You're wierd. End of story.

Status
Not open for further replies.