Blizzard, NCSoft Vet Developing Zombie MMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

cashews

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
I think it will be interesting to see how they make a game like this with enough variety to keep people interested for long amounts of gameplay.

cryogenic

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2006
Beeing "ex Blizzard" does not guarantee success, see "Hellgate London", while actually being Blizzard does xD. (I wonder when Blizzard's winning streak will end, seems it wont for the foreseeable future)

hannibal

Distinguished
I really hope that it will be complete PvsP. I would really much like to play a brainless zombie and eat some playr controlled chicks :)
In reality this would be avesome consept, but it would have to be at least +18 restricted, if everything would be as it should. Core violence, horror and sex... I think that some of these core parts of every good b-class exploit zombie movies are going to be left out, from this game...

eccentric909

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
[citation][nom]fogartini[/nom]Should be available sometime around Holiday season 2023 if Blizzards working on it[/citation]

Blizzard isn't working on it.... did you actually read the story? He worked for Blizzard at one point in his career.

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
... Guilt free meat puppets? Crysis has those. Modern Warfare 2 has those (airport, anyone?). Wolfenstein has those. I don't get what he's trying to say, his game isn't different... :/

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
[citation][nom]ColMirage[/nom]Yay, more Zombie games!... sigh.[/citation]

Good thing you just read "Blizzard" and "MMO" and missed the fact that it's an ex-employee of NCsoft and Blizzard using his own studio called Undead Labs, not Blizzard. But either way your probably right.

tb123

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2009
the way blizzard keeps their winning steak is by killing any product that wont be great. poor poor SC Ghost, how i looked forward to you.

ssalim

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2007
[citation][nom]tb123[/nom]the way blizzard keeps their winning steak is by killing any product that wont be great. poor poor SC Ghost, how i looked forward to you.[/citation]

Um, read carefully. It's not blizzard. It's nc soft. Ex blizzard.
NC Soft made Guild Wars. Amazing game. No subscription fee too.

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
They need to approach it like Square (Enix) approached FFXI. Say what you will about gameplay, gfx, mind bogglingly CPU usage, but they have one of the most robust control systems in the MMO market. Being able to use a controller (PS and 360 style), a keyboard, a laptop keyboard, or mouse all interchangeably, on the fly, and fluidly is amazing. I personally hate using a mouse for any MMO thanks to FFXI.

G

"Obviously, Strain has chosen not to go down that road, sticking with an exclusive console MMOG."

I completely lost interest after reading that.

mtyermom

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2007
[citation][nom]needzmoarpc[/nom]"Obviously, Strain has chosen not to go down that road, sticking with an exclusive console MMOG."I completely lost interest after reading that.[/citation]

Same here... I've been wanting to play a zombie apocalypse MMO forever! (Think 'Urban Dead' with a graphics engine) Now, somebody finally announces that they're creating one, and it's console only. Fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.