Blizzard OKs WoW and StarCraft-based Board Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
I'm already bored of the WoW Monopoly game and I haven't seen it yet. But Starcraft : Risk? Sounds nice! In fact, a Warcraft themed Risk game would have been nice too.

jaber2

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
[citation][nom]jl0329[/nom]Now, it's time to build a blizzard theme park.[/citation]
Don't give them any idea's like Darkmoon fair

Hax0r778

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2011
I've played LOTR Risk, which was pretty fun. I'm gonna assume this will be similar. The gameplay pretty much follows the classic, but at least in Risk the board changes. A different board can lead to interesting new strategies. The different versions of Monopoly usually play exactly the same.

i8cookiemonster

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2009
When I saw the headline I was hoping for something more original (maybe something similar to Mechwarrior but with it's own rule set catered to their respective universes). There's tons of potential for an originally designed board game. I guess the Risk could still be interesting, although the Monopoly seems like a letdown.

wildkitten

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
I can see WoW Monopoly now...

"Houses and hotels won't ship with the game, but we will definately include them at some point later on"

"We still want to make houses and hotels for WoW Monopoly, but it won't be this year"

"We don't think houses and hotels is appropriate for WoW Monopoly. People will stay on their spaces where houses and hotels are on and make the Chance and Community Chest spaces essentially ghosttowns"

lordravage

Distinguished
May 10, 2011
[citation][nom]i8cookiemonster[/nom]When I saw the headline I was hoping for something more original (maybe something similar to Mechwarrior but with it's own rule set catered to their respective universes). There's tons of potential for an originally designed board game. I guess the Risk could still be interesting, although the Monopoly seems like a letdown.[/citation]

There actually already is an original strategy based World of Warcraft game that came out nearly 7 years ago. World of Warcraft: The Boardgame

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
There are actually already boardgames for WoW and Starcraft. Both actually depict the video games really well in (of course) a board game format. Be warned, the WoW board game is easily a 3+ hour game but time flies when you're having fun, and this game is fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.